Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Condensation in pillar camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I noticed that when it rains were when it’s humid out I tend to get condensation on the driver side pillar camera.

I took pictures of it and arrange for a service appointment with Tesla I’m going to have them come back and cancel my service appointment; They told me that during rain and humid weather it is totally normal to have condensation in the pillar camera right next to the driver.

this was the Rockville Maryland service center, FWIW.

The further indicated the system was actually open and not a sealed system…

Is this actually true? and if they are feeding me a line who do I talk to about having it fixed...?

So I noticed that when it rains were when it’s humid out I tend to get condensation on the driver side pillar camera.

I took pictures of it and arrange for a service appointment with Tesla I’m going to have them come back and cancel my service appointment; They told me that during rain and humid weather it is totally normal to have condensation in the pillar camera right next to the driver.

this was the Rockville Maryland service center, FWIW.

The further indicated the system was actually open and not a sealed system…

Is this actually true? and if they are feeding me a line who do I talk to about having it fixed...?
I have a 2 month old model 3 with the same problem. Yesterday Tesla gave me the same answer - "this is expected behavior", then cancelled the service appointment.

Attachments

• 2022-01-26 11.58.45.jpg
    2022-01-26 11.58.45.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 128
I'm not sure, but I think if you warm the car up, then the issue goes away. There was some post about using the defrost mode? Not idea if it's BS.

My issues primarily happen during extreme rainy periods. It's annoying for sure...
I’ve tried rolling down the windows but doesn’t help. I haven’t tried turning up the heat yet so I’ll try that. Don’t want to use defrost unless I need to.

It does only happen on rainy days so far. I just hope the summer humidity won’t cause the same problem. Either way it should be under warrenty