Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Condensation In Tail Light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’ve only had our MY since March and due to COVID it’s been garaged much of the time. It’s only been driven in the rain 2 or 3 times. There must be a leaky seam somewhere. I hope it’s covered by the warranty.
2CACF2B4-AAA3-4D8A-B327-AC17588A7144.jpeg

It disappeared within 2-3 days... but it hasn’t rained and it’s been 90+ for weeks. Also my garage is 80-90 degrees in the daytime and is very warm at night. I’m just worried in a typical New England thaw/freeze cycle we can get pouring rain flowed by teens and 20’s. So it won’t have an opportunity to dry. I’ll keep an eye on it and mention it when I schedule the only other maintenance issue that I have (one of the rear seats doesn’t flop down without a slight push when I pull the switch in the cargo area).

I too have water in one taillight at delivery and SC said it was normal when a week later it was gone. It's since rained again and is back. I plan to mention it the next time I have to go in for some service, or after the MY quality increases. It's not acceptable and really looks bad.

The manual mentions condensation can obscure the cameras in the ‘B’ pillars. They recommend turning on defrost and directing the airflow in the cabin towards them. So if you have a leaky roof on your house I guess you just crank up the heat in the living space so it dries out the insulation in the attic.