Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmed - $2000 increase for S60 on Nov 22nd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, they sure have been nickel and diming the past few months. Increases with AP1, PUP, rear seats, all sorts of stuff.
Although not officially confirmed, the general consensus on the base price increase is because the take-rate and amount of upgrades to the 75 were not what they had predicted. Since all 60s have the 75 battery anyway, they were probably not hitting the margins so they needed to offset that some.

The rear seat increase was an odd one. Didn't that go up $2000? I don't believe there was any design change to warranted that. Guess they just wanted to increase the margins.

Will the 60 to 75 post delivery upgrade price go down? If so, will it apply to everyone including those those who bought at the old price? For other post delivery upgrades such as AP1.0 I've read here that Tesla charges today's price rather than the price at the time the car was sold. Will the same hold true for 60-75 upgrade?

Something else just occurred to me, by increasing the price of 60, the 75 upgrade is not $6500 (so probably $7000 or $7500 post delivery). My theory that this is to make the upgrade more affordable gets even stronger - do you think it's just a coincidence that this price difference is almost exactly what your federal tax credit is? ;)

Although not officially confirmed, the general consensus on the base price increase is because the take-rate and amount of upgrades to the 75 were not what they had predicted. Since all 60s have the 75 battery anyway, they were probably not hitting the margins so they needed to offset that some.
I never felt that an additional 40 miles was worth $8500.

I bought my new tesla model s 60 as a political statement for what I believe in. I just got the base car and have already put 2500 miles on it. I used the Alliant 6 year 1.49% financing and got a $1000 referral off and got the doc fee of $1200 waived.

The car is not a luxury car. I enjoy both the safety and the battery power in the fact I am not burning fossil fuel.

I got the rwd as my understanding is it is a solid drive train that has been proven. And if I need to increase the range from 210 to 249 miles I always have that opportunity which means the full potential is very close to what an 85 kilowatt version could do 4 years ago.

I think the model s 60 is the best deal of the Teslas and if you can get the alliant financing deal that is the way to go. In 4 years I'll make the decision whether to keep the car or trade it in. If I keep it I would opt for the 4 year extended warranty as there are expensive parts like the door handles and screen that could break. Also, now is a great time to buy cause you will get the autopilot 2.0 hardware and will have the free supercharging for life before the $2000 price increase happens.

If you go on long road trips a lot, then I would recommend if you have the funds to get the 90 kilowatt battery.
Agree 100%.

Agonized over purchase since the elimination of the 40kw in 2012. I couldn't see myself paying $70k+ for an ev. So if I could get a worthwhile car under 70K, I'ld consider it buy it must have a future.

LEXUS, BENTLEYS, MASERATIS, AUDIS, BMW and MERCEDES were all possible but they didn't have that special appeal an Ev such as Tesla had. The Volt, Volvo and Cadillac were not for me because I did 100 miles a day.

So it had to be a Tesla. WHICH ONE?

S60D with everything that I needed (Next Gen Seats, Pano, dual chargers) to maximize long term value and range and nothing more. Regret not getting a few things but a budiet is a budget. I know the Pano thing, D and seats were not necessary...instead I could have gone autonomous driving....I know.

After incentives I'ld pay $69.9K. What config do you feel would work better for under 70K?

@Hrhkee I wish I stayed under $70k. My config:
S60D, pano, blue, EAP.
$71,700 is what shows on my configuration (after tax rebate) but including destination. So $70,500 if you don't include destination.
Good deal steveho. I could have done that...and I would have liked it. I reacted to all the bitching about the seats. The DC thing is for quick turn arounds. I intend to put 100a in the garage for 1 or eventually 2 evs. If I didn't go with this config, yours would have been the logical choice. Again the Pano roof is just because.... I get it.

Good deal steveho. I could have done that...and I would have liked it. I reacted to all the bitching about the seats. The DC thing is for quick turn arounds. I intend to put 100a in the garage for 1 or eventually 2 evs. If I didn't go with this config, yours would have been the logical choice. Again the Pano roof is just because.... I get it.

@Hrhkee Pano... Something i could live without. I actually wanted the full glass roof, but thought most people like sunroofs. I don't but whateves.

I added 2 50A NEMA14-50's in my garage, the second one being for the Model 3 for the wife. I did the work myself. I had to trench from the house to the garage, then add a subpanel, and all the branch circuits, etc. Filled the panel box on day 1. But I'll never need to add anything more to the garage. Bottom 2 are the 50A circuits.

Attachments

• IMG_20161126_173228.jpg
    IMG_20161126_173228.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 44
@Hrhkee Pano... Something i could live without. I actually wanted the full glass roof, but thought most people like sunroofs. I don't but whateves.

I added 2 50A NEMA14-50's in my garage [...]I'll never need to add anything more to the garage. Bottom 2 are the 50A circuits.
Do make sure to turn down whatever else is running from the remaining circuits when charging 2 cars. At 40A each, charging will consume 80A of the 100A available. So the remaining breakers (which together max out at 80A) will only have 20A available until at least 1 car stops charging, which could be hours later.

@whitex I plan on staggering the charging. It's a problem because my house is only 100A in total, and the garage is on a 90A breaker in the main panel. So when I have 2 electric cars, I'll stagger, or I'll dial down.
Have you considered the HPWC Gen2 (latest available today) which will auto-balance up to 4 Tesla's on whatever circuit you give it? You set the max total current and it will auto- balance between the cars. It is $500 per car, but would solve your problem without you having to run out in the middle of the night and dial cars up and down.