Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmed - $2000 increase for S60 on Nov 22nd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow...not sure why all the hate from swissmoneychf

But I'm thrilled that I got my S60 in August! Tesla knew how to push my button. I have a Model 3 reserved. After the reservation, they sent me an email to test drive a Model S. The price at the time was a bit more than I wanted to spend...then magically they re-release the S60, and I went for it. Tesla achieved exactly what they wanted - they bumped demand. They seem to know how to tweak the model configurations to get more orders when they need.

My story as well(took delivery in July tho) and after 5 months still absolutely blows me away...

Very good. Next step discontinue the S60 please, we don't need a cheap Model S

In what reality is $67.2k before tax cheap?

I just sold my dual sport motorcycle that gets 95 mpg for $1200. That's cheap in my reality.

I guess value, luxury, etc are all a matter of individual perception. In this thread alone we have a political statement, luxury sedan, not a luxury sedan, status symbol, and an expensive electric Honda Civic.

I'll pile on: Ive never sat in a similarly priced car but I do know that no car exists at any price point with the same tech, performance, utility, company vision, and safety all assembled in the USA. Comparing the luxury to a Rolls Royce while concurrently comparing its performance to a Bugatti and its utility to a cross over SUV is not a fair assessment. Does it outmatch the best these three classes of cars have to offer? No, but in one package it delivers on a comparable or superior level.

As a 70D owner i've always hated on the 60D.

But, now I have 2000 less reasons to hate on it. :p

But, in all seriousness the 60D was brilliant and this price increase just goes to demonstrate how brilliant it was. Tesla likely underestimated the popularity of it, and this is a corrective action to get more profits from it.

As to the comment about Porsche I thought that was funny because Porsche is famous for doubling the cost of a car through options. That's exactly what Tesla does.

That's correct, I don't have AP2 hardware, only AP1 hardware. Honestly I didn't order the autopilot because I prefer to drive my own car. I had the $1000 referral. They called and offered $1200 off the doc fee. And I traded another car in where they gave me a reasonable trade in value; it was a car that the warranty had finished and I really didn't want to deal with it out of warranty and I didn't have the time to sell it privately. Plus I got the 1.49% 72 month alliant loan. Because of all those things I believe I got a reasonable deal and I really enjoy the car. I put 2500 miles on it over the last 6 weeks. Seems to be a fantastic car and I believe the s60 is the best deal out there for electric cars because of the supercharging network.

That's correct, I don't have AP2 hardware, only AP1 hardware. Honestly I didn't order the autopilot because I prefer to drive my own car. I had the $1000 referral. They called and offered $1200 off the doc fee. And I traded another car in where they gave me a reasonable trade in value; it was a car that the warranty had finished and I really didn't want to deal with it out of warranty and I didn't have the time to sell it privately. Plus I got the 1.49% 72 month alliant loan. Because of all those things I believe I got a reasonable deal and I really enjoy the car. I put 2500 miles on it over the last 6 weeks. Seems to be a fantastic car and I believe the s60 is the best deal out there for electric cars because of the supercharging network.

Thanks for the detailsed recap. I whace been on the fence for a 60 for a while. I believe this $2000 increase will push me over, probably just as tesla designed it to do.

Thanks for the detailsed recap. I whace been on the fence for a 60 for a while. I believe this $2000 increase will push me over, probably just as tesla designed it to do.
How much more per month would that be?

I posted in other threads that if $2k pushed you over the limit on a $60k car...then you probably shouldn't buy a $60k car in the first place. What if the car ever needs tires or a brake job or something?

Don't be stupid. Can you see any Panamera below 100k ? No, because it's a "luxury" car. If you want people to think that a Model S is a normal cheap car up to you. To me the Model S is a "luxury" car, the 60d makes no sense.

Oh and I don't give a * if you don't agree, keep giving me dislikes ;)

I realize Swissmoneychf's opinion on this isn't a popular one but, whether we like it or not, that's the way things will go. It made sense to have a lower-priced entry point when the Model S was the "cheapest" (and for a long time, the only) product in Tesla's portfolio. But, with the Model 3 on the way, it makes perfect sense for the S to go up in price to make room for the 3. And that's a good thing -- that will allow for more margin so that the S can continue to be improved. And it will need to improve, especially on the interior, once Audi, Mercedes, Cadillac etc. start jumping on the electric bandwagon in a more serious way.

Look at Lexus in the US market as an example of how this unfolds. The LS used to start at $35k when it was really the only Lexus-unique sedan in the portfolio (not counting the ES, which was/is a dressed-up Camry). That base price has since moved up to $70k+ with the addition of IS and GS below it. I expect the same with Tesla. The S will become more of a true luxury car with the 3, and possibly other models, taking up the price points below it.

This is just to make up for the fact that S60 could be daily charged to 100%. That makes it more like a 65 kWh for any practical purposes and less incentive for people to upgrade to 75 kWh. Too many people are bragging about it that made Tesla to realize it should charge a little more for it.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the usable battery on the 60kw limited 75 battery is actually 60kw. I think it's more like 55kw usable. Maybe somone knows the answer to this.

I always charge to 100% and the range is 210. I'll let you guys know if there is any degradation in the future.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the usable battery on the 60kw limited 75 battery is actually 60kw. I think it's more like 55kw usable. Maybe somone knows the answer to this.

I always charge to 100% and the range is 210. I'll let you guys know if there is any degradation in the future.
We charge to 90% almost all of the time & we get 219 miles. We have been doing this since early 9-16. 1 trip to a supercharger & 3-4 100% charges.