Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

confusing, ever-changing features of EAP, AP and FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realize they keep changing what features come with AP vs. FSD and thus the cost for each (now AP standard).
But, even doing my research, I remain confused about the features I have vs. should have on my own car.
I have a 2018 (Nov 2018 build date) 100D.
The window sticker says AP, but per Tesla and based on the chart below, I have EAP (as Tesla said, "a legacy feature no longer available").
I have navigate on AP with autosteer and I think auto lane change (not even sure) and basic summon (forward and reverse), but I don't have autopark or enhanced summon. Seems I should.
Does anyone understand these constantly changing permutations. Am I missing something or is every car a crapshoot regarding its features?

upload_2019-5-1_9-8-40.png

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    58.9 KB · Views: 53
Sorry I can't help answer your question very well. Are you sure you don't have autopark? Maybe it is something you just haven't triggered correctly? My car has autopark, but it is probably the least helpful feature on the entire list anyways.

I am going to add a question of my own about the ever changing permutations. When I bought my car with AP1 I *think* I had FSD as an available option with the "add later at a higher cost" option. I don't think I still have that "add later" option. Did they just give up on the FSD for AP1 HW?

I wouldn’t characterize this as “constantly” changing. It’s really only changed 3 times since 2012 with the most recent change just a restructuring to allow for a more affordable basic Autopilot feature set.

To answer your questions, you do have autopark. If you’re never seeing the autopark icon (and your other autopilot features are otherwise working fine), you’re probably driving too fast in parking lots. ;)

You also will have enhanced summon. It’s just not been activated yet.

Sorry I can't help answer your question very well. Are you sure you don't have autopark? Maybe it is something you just haven't triggered correctly? My car has autopark, but it is probably the least helpful feature on the entire list anyways.

I am going to add a question of my own about the ever changing permutations. When I bought my car with AP1 I *think* I had FSD as an available option with the "add later at a higher cost" option. I don't think I still have that "add later" option. Did they just give up on the FSD for AP1 HW?

FSD was never an option for AP1. AP1 cars only have 1 camera.

• Informative
Reactions: democappy
thanks, I will try to find my autopark next time in a parking lot and hope to get the enhanced summon down the road
I am glad I bought a existing inventory 2018, not only for the discount, but to get the EAP and sunroof, both no longer available.

I realize they keep changing what features come with AP vs. FSD and thus the cost for each (now AP standard).
But, even doing my research, I remain confused about the features I have vs. should have on my own car.
The window sticker says AP, but per Tesla and based on the chart below, I have EAP (as Tesla said, "a legacy feature no longer available").
I have navigate on AP with autosteer and I think auto lane change (not even sure) and basic summon (forward and reverse), but I don't have autopark or enhanced summon. Seems I should.
Does anyone understand these constantly changing permutations. Am I missing something or is every car a crapshoot regarding its features?

If you aren't sure if you have auto lane change, than I'm not really sure what you are worrying about, as that' one of the only FSD products currently available.

As to enhanced summon, no one has it. (okay, a very small handful)

Look at the update threads.....

It can normally take about 2 months for an update to spread across the fleet, this is normal and only 1 or 2 updates have ever spread faster than that. Enhanced summons got reset for further testing and its not even in wide distribution yet.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Hmmmm, that first line in the feature list catches my attention. "Front Collision Avoidance" YES for my car. There are lots of situations where I can easily collide with almost anything at any time without the car avoiding it, but when I look in the dictionary, it defines "avoidance" as the action of preventing something from happening. :rolleyes: Yes, I am being sarcastic. :D But while I am in a cranky mood, maybe the feature should read "POSSIBLE front collision avoidance on Thursday, with clear weather, on a remote highway, if a squirrel crosses the road." :eek:

View attachment 402864
I am in the group that supposedly gets updates first. I had advanced summons. I tried it once and thought it was a giant leap in the right direction. Just after I got the Dog update, I tried to show a friend how it worked and it had disappeared. I have EAP and it works fine and gets better over time. Lane change works really well. I am not brave enough yet to let it pass a car on its own so I use the signal light method. I have noticed that I may loose a feature between updates. I have had two versions of auto park and after the Sentry Mode update, I no longer see it. I have something called parking assist that is a tool that helps you park. As regular updates roll out, you should eventually get more than you payed for. One big key will be if your car is listed with enhanced auto pilot. This will give you most of the good stuff that is available.