Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

summon not available in my model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my MSP about 2 weeks ago. I have 3 months of FSD to try.
I don't see the summon option under autopilot.

I understand that HW4 with no USS sensors will not have summon and autopark option for a while.

Does anyone know when this feature is going to be available.
I am trying to try out all the features and I decide if I should buy enhance, or FSD or none.

I am trying to try out all the features and I decide if I should buy enhance, or FSD or none.
do not buy any of it until it is fully functional. It has not worked for about 2 years now and no one has an idea of when it will be available. And when it is available, summon on the S sucks compared to summon on the 3/Y. I have summon on my plaid now and it is terrible. The car will back up out of a spot and start jerking forward and backwards with nothing around it for no reason. Summon on the 3 works pretty good in the same spots.

Reactions: SoCal Buzz
Like the previous reply suggested, wait until everything is working before you decide what to do. You can subscribe to FSD at that point and decide whether it’s worth it. I personally think EAP is worth having, but not for Summon or Autopark, which I never use.

Jumping in late…

I live in a townhome and my apartment is less than 30m from parking stall. I can activate summon from my apartment to my car down below which now scares me. I’ve owned my tesla 5 years and only thought about this after I lent my car to my 73yo dad who is obsessed with the full self driving capability tech. He joked he activated it!!!

-No charger so can’t put in that fail safe and just plug it in at the parking spot
- don’t want to disable it bc I love double press gear shift to summon to tight park space

Really thinking about this now, any suggestions?

I picked my Model S Plaid, and Summon is not showing on my mobile app, and Autopark also not working.
Just came to know today that these are not yet available, a bit frustrating, especially that is appears it has been the case for the last two years.
Tesla should have notified buyers about this unavailability before buying the cars with Enhanced Auto Pilot.