Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot on MCU2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got a 2018 M3 purchased originally with Enhanced AP and on MCU2 ( HW2.5). Knowing that autopark, smart summon, and NOAP are still in beta and with the upcoming update to autopark, most likely will require upgrade to HW3. I know for FSD that upgrade would be free, but is there any talk of it being free for EAP owners knowing that updated features for EAP will require HW3?

I’ve got a 2018 M3 purchased originally with Enhanced AP and on MCU2 ( HW2.5). Knowing that autopark, smart summon, and NOAP are still in beta and with the upcoming update to autopark, most likely will require upgrade to HW3. I know for FSD that upgrade would be free, but is there any talk of it being free for EAP owners knowing that updated features for EAP will require HW3?
No.

Waste of power of hw3 if not used for fsd.

Hw2 is more than enough for eap.

So hw2 should be capable of all post-beta eap features? Find it hard to believe they will still be working on hw2 versions of eap features now that hw3 is sort of standard.
Please clarify what you are trying to say.

You have got all the EAP features already. New FSD cars with HW3 and HW4 without radar and sonars have fewer features than your HW2: They don't have auto park, summon...

More powerful doesn't mean more features.

Are you saying you are willing to get the new and powerful HW3 and HW4 to give up the features that you have now in HW2?

Please clarify what you are trying to say.

You have got all the EAP features already. New FSD cars with HW3 and HW4 without radar and sonars have fewer features than your HW2: They don't have auto park, summon...

More powerful doesn't mean more features.

Are you saying you are willing to get the new and powerful HW3 and HW4 to give up the features that you have now in HW2?
No, has nothing to do with wanting hw3 or hw4, plain and simple just want to know that the eap i paid for, when the features get updated beyond its current state whether I would be required to pay for the hw3 upgrade in order to use the eap features beyond its current beta firmware version

No, has nothing to do with wanting hw3 or hw4, plain and simple just want to know that the eap i paid for, when the features get updated beyond its current state whether I would be required to pay for the hw3 upgrade in order to use the eap features beyond its current beta firmware version
EAP features have been delivered, so don't expect any free upgrades to HW3. You are stuck at HW2.

On the other hand, FSD features were not delivered. It didn't know what to do at an intersection. There was no Navigation on Autopilot in the city... Thus, it required HW3 upgrade. Once those FSD features are activated, don't expect a free upgrade to HW4 (you have to buy an entirely new car for HW4).

EAP features have been considered beta ever since they first appeared 6-ish years ago, so no reason to think that will ever change. But if it does, you can decide at that time whether you need to upgrade any hardware — no one here can tell you when or if it ever happen.