TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

"Congratulations! Your full Self-Driving Capability upgrade was successful" message

Discussion in 'Model X' started by mickey6, Mar 24, 2020.

1. mickey6

mickey6 Member

Got this message today when I entered the MX. What gives? I always had FSD on my MX AP2.0 and am on 2020.8.1.1 installed two days back.

Did i miss an announcement of some sort?

Attached Files:

2. Batt Car

Batt Car Executive, engineer, entrepreneur, author, dad.

Got this too. 2018 MX AP 2.0. Purchased FSD but did not get the AP 3 yet.

3. Bigkidatheart

Bigkidatheart Member

Got this same notice when I started up my Model X . However, I can't see anywhere where I can activate this. On normal autopilot and Autosteer, I don't notice it doing anything different than it has before. I just got this update maybe two days ago. Has anyone else gotten this notification? And do you know what is needed to activate this?

• Like x 1
  4. mickey6

mickey6 Member

One thing I have noticed is the MX is constantly alerting me if I try to run through a red light while on AP showing the traffic light in the display too and to immediately take over. This is on AP 2.0. Maybe new for 8.1.1

5. Sanuda

Sanuda New Member

Got a similar notice too on my MX. However since I have EAP instead of FSD, it says “Congratulations! Your Enhanced Autopilot upgrade was successful”

What does this mean? What new functionality was added and/or do we need to activate anything to benefit from this upgrade?

6. TesIatron

TesIatron New Member

Same thing here. I had FSD yesterday. Not I get this message today. Seems like a downgrade to me..?

Attached Files:

7. Sanuda

Sanuda New Member

You mean you had the same message for FSD yesterday and today you got the one for EAP?

Regardless, no clue why we are seeing these messages.

8. TesIatron

TesIatron New Member

No, apologies for being unclear. I’m saying I’ve had FSD since I bought the car and now all of a sudden I got this message...

9. mjptech

mjptech Member

Have you logged into your Tesla account (via App or website) and verified that FSD is still listed (and you don't see vehicle Upgrade options)?