Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connected to Wifi but software update not downloading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super frustrated with this today, 06/19/20. The web browser works. I connected to speedtest.net and ran a test. Results were a little disappointing (10.71 download & 5.83 upload), but the Software screen tells me I need to connect to Wi-Fi to download the software update. I have rebooted the MCU. I have rebooted my wifi gateway. When I touch the "connect to wifi" link in the message, it shows me the wifi options and the green check-mark on my network, showing that I am connected. Got 3 bars. WT_?

Super frustrated with this today, 06/19/20. The web browser works. I connected to speedtest.net and ran a test. Results were a little disappointing (10.71 download & 5.83 upload), but the Software screen tells me I need to connect to Wi-Fi to download the software update. I have rebooted the MCU. I have rebooted my wifi gateway. When I touch the "connect to wifi" link in the message, it shows me the wifi options and the green check-mark on my network, showing that I am connected. Got 3 bars. WT_?

Exact same thing is happening to me as well.

Same thing is happening to me on my Model 3 after over 7 years successful downloads on my Model S, and 2 years on the M3.