Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3H - Which software version?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just moved house and haven't had a software update for my M3H LR since 02 March when 2024.2.8 came out.
Can anyone with a M3H let me know what software version they're on?

I keep getting alerts on my app saying "connect to wifi to download" software, but then when I do connect to wifi, nothing....
I feel like i'm away behind on updates so there should definitely be one. How do I go about downloading it??

There’s nothing to worry about, it will come when it’s ready and your car has good wifi. Mine normally downloads itself when on wifi and I choose when to install it.
yeah i'm not "worried" as such - i'm just confused as the why my app is showing that an update is due to be downloaded while i'm in wifi, yet when I am in wifi, there is no update.....
Why say there's an update when there isn't?

yeah i'm not "worried" as such - i'm just confused as the why my app is showing that an update is due to be downloaded while i'm in wifi, yet when I am in wifi, there is no update.....
Sometimes updates get pulled/cancelled, so if you don't install it while it's offered it will just disappear from your download queue. It depends what the current release cycle is & if they need to issue bug fixes etc. It's not unusual, you'll just get the next update version.

If you particularly want to update you sometimes need to be fairly quick to get connected to wifi to get the download. Other times, it will just sit there for days & days. It's Tesla, you'll get used to it :)

Does the car get a decent connection to your WiFi when parked at home? Does the car itself have an indication that an update is due or does it just say your software is up to date when you do the check?

Reactions: UkNorthampton
Does the car get a decent connection to your WiFi when parked at home? Does the car itself have an indication that an update is due or does it just say your software is up to date when you do the check?
Hi. No, i'm not in wifi while at home as I park in an underground car park and my flat is a couple floors up. Wifi signal doesn't reach.
The car says nothing about an update due. No yellow icon above map and it says "software up to date as of ..... "
The only thing suggesting i am due an update is the tesla app which continuously says "connect to wifi to download update". Doesnt' seem to go away, until I connect car to wifi, then it disappears.
Perhaps at some stage I missed an update and it was pulled as previously suggested, but the app still thinks that there's an update to download.

Hi. No, i'm not in wifi while at home as I park in an underground car park and my flat is a couple floors up. Wifi signal doesn't reach.
The car says nothing about an update due. No yellow icon above map and it says "software up to date as of ..... "
The only thing suggesting i am due an update is the tesla app which continuously says "connect to wifi to download update". Doesnt' seem to go away, until I connect car to wifi, then it disappears.
Perhaps at some stage I missed an update and it was pulled as previously suggested, but the app still thinks that there's an update to download.
Ah, right ... so long as the car has connectivity (even LTE) it should be able to know if it's due an update. As someone else said, sometimes a previously offered update is withdrawn. The other issue is that you will require your car to be connected via WiFi to actually download and install the update*. You can do this by hot-spotting a phone if you have unlimited data on your plan ... or park somewhere that has a good Wifi connection available. (Apologies if you already know this.)

*Occasionally there can be an update that WILL download directly to the car via LTE if it's related, for instance, to a safety recall issue.

Ah, right ... so long as the car has connectivity (even LTE) it should be able to know if it's due an update. As someone else said, sometimes a previously offered update is withdrawn. The other issue is that you will require your car to be connected via WiFi to actually download and install the update*. You can do this by hot-spotting a phone if you have unlimited data on your plan ... or park somewhere that has a good Wifi connection available. (Apologies if you already know this.)

*Occasionally there can be an update that WILL download directly to the car via LTE if it's related, for instance, to a safety recall issue.
For me, it depends which way I park the car, away from house seems to be just outside wifi range.

For anyone whose parking prevents wifi (underground carpark) - you might just need to find another usable wifi network (fast-food, work, relatives?). I don't know if Superchargers have wifi - I've heard that some do (perhaps not in UK).

Same here , updated this morning. Speed warning chimes still not working 🤬
I find it quite frustrating that the mute button for the speed warning has superseded the ability to tap the speed limit sign to amend my TACC/AutoSteer speed but neither the speed limit warning works, nor has an alternative to the "tap the speed limit sign to change your TACC speed" been implemented.

I too am on 2024.8.9.