Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connection issues on Tesla gen 3 wall connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Teddy1

Apr 3, 2023
NSW
Sorry if this has been asked before, but i have just commissioned my gen 3 charger but cannot connect it to wifi. For some reason when i scan available wifi connections i see the whole neighborhood's wifi network but not mine. Would it be something with the security settings? Im with telstra and ive only enabled 2.4ghz but my telstra modem only has wpa2 and wpa3, would this be the reason i cannot see my wifi connection? thanks in advance

Do other devices see your telstra modem? Perhaps it has SSID broadcasting disabled. Its been a while since I looked at the setup, but you might be able to type in the SSID rather than having the HPWC scan for it.

WPA2 on 2.4ghz should be fine for the HPWC.

Do other devices see your telstra modem? Perhaps it has SSID broadcasting disabled. Its been a while since I looked at the setup, but you might be able to type in the SSID rather than having the HPWC scan for it.

WPA2 on 2.4ghz should be fine for the HPWC.
Thanks for replying, yes the SSID is not hidden and can see on all other devices when standing right next to the charger, cant figure it out for the life of me, im guessing it has to be the security type issue. But though I cant be the only one to have this issue. My modem only lets me select WPA+WPA2 PSK not sure if this is totally different to just WPA? As the charger states ints only searching for 2.4ghz networks on WPA

The HPWC uses WAP2 for its internal network so WPA-WPA2 PSK should be fine. If there is a way to select only WPA2 on your router maybe that can help. Have you tried updating the firmware? Here is a troubleshooting guide for AUS.

This was it! Thank you! Updated firmware offline, after that I could see the network. Connected to wifi no problem. Thanks!