Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connectivity when driving in Mexico

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting warranty and service work in Tucson would be problematic right now due the reductions in staffing and additional protocols at the border. The current wait to drive through can be many hours. I know BMW owners from Sonora who used to bring their new cars up here to pay for work that would be warranty in Hermosillo because the quality of work at the dealer in Hermosillo was laughable. I expect that they have no choice but to have their cars serviced there now that the border is closed to non-essential travel.

I agree that US service crossing the border is very unlikely. Does anyone here have any experience with towing a car across the border at the moment?
The wait time is only a few minutes with a SENTRI card so I'm not concerned about that. Hopefully I won't need a tow but it wouldn't be the end of the world either I guess. No problems with the car so far and I have at least 6 months to find any problems before I'm in mexico.

I'm familiar with Chubb as an American company but unless they are Incorporated as a Mexican insurance company you are not covered for liability in Mexico. They may pay you for a injury you sustain for example but by Mexican law they can not cover you for third party liability for Mexicans. If you are involved in an accident and can not prove Mexican coverage you will be immediately taken to jail and will not be released until the liability claim is paid in cash. The claim can not be successfully disputed. The Mexicans hold all the cards.
100% correct