Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Considering getting the FSD package, not sure I'm thinking clearly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ask the people who leased a Tesla at the end of 2016 with FSD what they think of FSD.

They only paid depreciation on FSD.

I’m still paying for the entire amortized cash price of the same vehicle.

And my credit card balance is 4000 larger because I did a post delivery upgrade.

I’m fine with the above and look forward to the hardware upgrade and incremental features when it’s ready.

What’s up?

In the earnings call Elon said HW3 computer is same cost as current computer and a 30 minute install. That bodes well for those who want to purchase FSD later.
So ARM chips are cheap and effort to install is low.

Let’s assume for 1 second that this chip really makes a difference (IMO that needs to be verified)

Would Tesla really not give the opportunity for existing EAP customers to upgrade and leave them far behind?

They could charge a few hundreds or maybe $1k and make a lot of money on this.

So ARM chips are cheap and effort to install is low.

Let’s assume for 1 second that this chip really makes a difference (IMO that needs to be verified)

Would Tesla really not give the opportunity for existing EAP customers to upgrade and leave them far behind?

They could charge a few hundreds or maybe $1k and make a lot of money on this.

I think Tesla is going to push EAP owners into buying the FSD package, and that will include the upgrade.

The last I heard the cost was going to be $5K. This was from an Elon tweet, but who knows what it will actually be,

Keep in mind it's not just a single chip.

It's the whole drive computer that has to be replaced.

I wonder what they'll do with the old ones? Anyone want 100,000 drive PX2 computers?

I think Tesla is going to push EAP owners into buying the FSD package, and that will include the upgrade.

The last I heard the cost was going to be $5K. This was from an Elon tweet, but who knows what it will actually be,

Keep in mind it's not just a single chip.

It's the whole drive computer that has to be replaced.

I wonder what they'll do with the old ones? Anyone want 100,000 drive PX2 computers?

Elon does. PX2 is CUDA so mines Ethereum really well. Needs more for the giveaways being run on twitter.

• Funny
Reactions: Glamisduner