Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fsd / autopilot package not showing up on software screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I'm looking to buy a used car private party and wanted to make sure the car has fsd paid off (not subscription).

Oddly enough on the software screen it doesn't show the autopilot package nor the connectivity package at all. Usually I see either autopilot, enhanced autopilot or full self driving capability package included. Or some kind of expiration date. But I'm seeing nothing here.

Now he does have the latest version of fsd live and in use on the car so it does seem like it has it (for now). His specs and warranty page on the app also shows full self driving capability which normally means that it has fsd paid off. But the software screen is weirding me out.

Anyone seen anything like this before? How do I know for sure if he has fsd fully paid off and will transfer? We tried calling Tesla customer service and the lady was sure that it has it paid off, but we all know how reliable Tesla customer service can be...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230912_084405_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230912_084405_Photos.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 263
  • 20230909_144026.jpg
    20230909_144026.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 193
Maybe the car is in Valet Mode, which limits what appears on the screen. I don’t know if those options are supposed to be hidden, but that’s my guess. I would ask the seller.

Note that the seller could transfer FSD to a new Tesla, so even if the car has it now, it might not be there when you get it. Up to the seller to be up front about that.

Reactions: rlsd and zoomer0056
Maybe the car is in Valet Mode, which limits what appears on the screen. I don’t know if those options are supposed to be hidden, but that’s my guess. I would ask the seller.

Note that the seller could transfer FSD to a new Tesla, so even if the car has it now, it might not be there when you get it. Up to the seller to be up front about that.

Thanks for the response. I thought it might be valet mode as well and I checked for it. It was not in valet mode.

Agreed on the risk of it being transferred away but they seem like honest people so I think that won't happen. The software screen is really what's throwing me off here.

Thanks for the response. I thought it might be valet mode as well and I checked for it. It was not in valet mode.

Agreed on the risk of it being transferred away but they seem like honest people so I think that won't happen. The software screen is really what's throwing me off here.
Very interesting. I checked my wife's Model 3, which has the same build installed as the car you're buying, and her Controls > Software screen shows the "missing" FSD and Premium Connectivity options, even in Valet Mode. Another difference is that in my wife's car, there's an image of the car above the MODEL 3 text near the top, which is missing from yours. My wife's 3 is a 2018 MR.

I didn't see a screenshot of the Autopilot menu. FSD features would be shown here if the car actually had FSD. It's possible that the car had FSD transferred but the App doesn't show it yet. Transfer of FSD is new and it wouldn't surprise me if there was a bug keeping everything sync'd up.

And, if the car had just transferred FSD, the software might have not been updated yet to the production branch.

Red flags. Don't buy red flags. Plenty of other cars for sale.

I didn't see a screenshot of the Autopilot menu. FSD features would be shown here if the car actually had FSD. It's possible that the car had FSD transferred but the App doesn't show it yet. Transfer of FSD is new and it wouldn't surprise me if there was a bug keeping everything sync'd up.

And, if the car had just transferred FSD, the software might have not been updated yet to the production branch.

Red flags. Don't buy red flags. Plenty of other cars for sale.
Whether or not the car has FSD, the Controls > Software screen should show both Autopilot/FSD and Premium Connectivity status, neither of which appear in the OP’s photo.

When I bought my Tesla M3 in January of 2020, the price for the Standard range was about 39000. Although it was not on the web site, it was said to be possible to buy the base car without Autopilot for $35,000. One would have to special order such a vehicle and it could not be done on the web site. This is the likely reason that Autopilot was not on the car that you were looking at.