Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering Solar System from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here in San Jose TE sent me a separate form I needed to docusign that listed the smoke / CO detector code requirements and that I met them, as it was required for the initial city permit process, but the form indicated no inspector was going to physically verify them. Though funny thing is in my case the inspector had to enter the house to inspect the electrical work done in the attic, so he walked past all of the new detectors anyway. Not sure he was paying any attention to them, though (at least he didn't make any comments).

Update: I received PTO for the OC location the morning after my post here. My little black 5"x5" gateway box hasn't worked since they gave it to me and after calling the service line (yah different number post PTO) and they scheduled a tech to come out in 10 days to take a look and try to fix it. I wasn't on hold for more than about 5 mins, and they were very prompt and the tech called me back the next day to tell me that they were going to escalate the issue. The gateway at my other house is already connected even without PTO.

As for the house that the inspector asked to enter the house was in Lakewood, CA (LA County). That house is still pending PTO because of some additional documentation SCE is asking for.

According to the Inverter on my OC install. since PTO I've already produced over 200kwh of energy and on the meter under 071 code it's showing about 125kwh. Looks very promising so far.

Very excited to see the savings. On the side I must say that the side skirts and mounting system that TE uses is a pretty big plus for me as it makes it look so much sleeker and nicer compared to other installs I now notice. Although I wouldn't make it a deal breaker if a different company had much better prices.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker