Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Consistent TACC drop out on Transmission Gully

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone else has seen this. Heading north on Transmission Gully about 3km north of the SH58 interchange my M3 does a sudden deacceleration every time when using TACC (or Autopilot) - day/ night, left lane/right lane, raining/clear, traffic/no traffic. There's nothing remarkable about the road that I can see, a slight incline and a very gentle curve perhaps. Maybe it's detecting the nearby Flightys Road as a 50kmh zone?

Location is roughly here: 41°05'17.9"S 174°56'12.9"E

Yes I've driven Wellington to Waikanae at least a dozen times and can confirm there is a specific spot where this happens every single time. I've finally registered to memory where it happens so my foot hovers on the gas pedal to stop the slow down.

Its very strange.

Reactions: TheGasMan
Yes, I have the same in my MS too. There is one on those traffic sensor things on a post on the southbound side of the road and I've decided it is something to do with that. I know there are lots of them along TG, but that is the only thing I can see that could cause a reaction.

Reactions: TheGasMan