Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Consumer reports YouTube interview on brakes & exclusive info from Elon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think so, but you are definitely in a rush to make snap judgements.
We all judge....folks blame EAP....while other folks blame the driver...user error....

I wonder why they released the car with "iffy" brakes when a simple software update will fix it. Were they in too much of a rush to make deliveries?
FCA just issued a recall affecting about 5 mil cars for cruise control...so stuff gets discovered after delivery. Manufacturers can't test for every use case and corner condition.

Watching this... it's nice they appreciate Elon's response but...

It's obvious they really still don't get the Model 3, Tesla, and electric cars in general.

The things they are focusing on are well, little things in the big picture of what that car is.

One of those guys needs to buy a Tesla, drive it for months, and understand what's going on.

I'll put it you this way, an electric car is 100x better than any gas car just at start. Add into that Tesla's no dealer direct relationship, software, over the air updates among other things, and it is 1000x better.

Then you can start from there deducting points.

They really need to get someone there to actually own and use it as a real car for a long stretch of time, instead of just test drives.

Maybe then they'll understand the sea change that is going on.

I mean they are talking about road noise. Did they ever consider they are hearing more of the road because they aren't hearing the constant roar of the engine? Shouldn't they really be remarking on "wow there is no engine noise!"

They are talking about stopping distance is getting in consistent results. Do they ever comment on the 1 pedal regenerative breaking driving where you use less actual braking? Making it easier and less physical to drive? And in general a more pleasant ride?

They just seem to be missing the really really big things about the car that take it beyond anything a gas car is.

If gas cars start at 100 points, start Tesla at 200 and deduct from there.

had to seriously roll my eyes at about 7 minutes when he had to check his card, presumably due to dementia.
the guy talks so much *sugar* it makes me actually somewhat angry. he could at least have some slight objectivity...

Jack is clearly an acquired taste. I have to be in the right mood to watch all the way through. He IS a pretty informed guy who has actually done some serious stuff. Somewhere deep into this video or the next he gets attacked by a shop cat (kitten) that claws his way up his pants trying to grab the microphone cord. He hardly skips a beat until it is about up to his crotch. I had to watch it to the end then just for the cat hijinks. Again, not for everyone.

• Funny
Reactions: e-FTW
I mean they are talking about road noise. Did they ever consider they are hearing more of the road because they aren't hearing the constant roar of the engine? Shouldn't they really be remarking on "wow there is no engine noise!"
They actually talked about wind noise, not road noise. And apparently, Tesla made changes to the glass to reduce that noise after their car was made (in Jan). Which makes me wonder if there's any other major update like this coming up that you would miss if you get the car early. I doubt they can ask Tesla to replace the glass they have.

On the other hand, it's been a year already... it's amazing not all the problems have been found / addressed by now.