Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Contact the SEC to complain about their bias against TSLA and Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DaveT

Searcher of green pastures
Nov 15, 2012
Texas
The shortsellers are relentless in contacting and pressuring the media to publish negative stories about Tesla and Elon Musk, and I wouldn't be surprised if these same shortsellers have contacted and/or put pressure on the SEC to take action against Tesla and Elon Musk, especially in yesterday's court filing claiming Elon violated their settlement.

Here's the direct link to yesterday's SEC court filing against Elon Musk:
gov.uscourts.nysd.501755.18.0_2 (1) | U.S. Securities And Exchange Commission | Elon Musk

In the filing, I noticed the SEC lawyer, Cheryl Crumpton, who filed the court filing and I've wrote her an email to express my disappointment regarding the court filing.

If you also share my disappointment, please consider contacting the SEC to share your disappointment. Please do so in a respectful and fair manner.

Also, I'm not sure who the best person or channel is to send a complaint and request for an investigation, but if there's a better channel please post it here in this thread.

Perhaps it's time for the SEC to hear from long-term TSLA shareholders how they feel about the SEC's actions.

Last edited:
I may be over simplifying this but SEC's war on Musk comes down to Musk allegedly not following the archaic rules and policies from SEC on sharing material information. In the pursuit of this SEC is actually creating the very problem they are supposed to prevent, which is harm to the investors. SEC's actions in the case of TSLA only benefit the short sellers who are a minority and harm the majority of long term investors.

Sorry, I don’t blindly stick up for people who agree to a plea deal then stupidly don’t adhere to the agreed upon deal.

I consider that person a moron, liar, or crazy. And I don’t want my reputation jeapardozed by lining up with them.

This is the real world and actions have consequences. Don’t like it? Step 1: don’t take your company public. Step 2: don’t make deals with governing bodies you have no intention of abiding by.

This nonsense impacts the company, shareholders, and vehicle owners. It’s selfish, childish, and purely driven by ego.

Now will someone please either take away this man’s phone or role as CEO? Clearly he is not responsible enough to have both.

Good luck with your petition.

New Sorry, I don’t blindly stick up for people who agree to a plea deal then stupidly don’t adhere to the agreed upon deal.

Luckily that's not what happened though: in both tweets Elon Musk disclosed information firmly within the new disclosure procedures established by the SEC settlement.

The first "500k" tweet relied already public information disclosed in the earnings call:

Elon Musk

"Yes. Maybe in the order of 350,000 to 500,000 Model 3s, something like that this year."​

That 350k-500k disclosure on January 30 was approved by the Disclosure Committee and Elon was free to rely on it as already public information afterwards.

Pushing back against selective and erroneous SEC enforcement action by the Trump administration, which misguided enforcement action is harmful to Tesla investors, is very much justified.

Any complaint made to the SEC is recorded and archived and can be used to shape future policy, should there be another administration elected next year. It can also be used in legal action, such as in congressional investigations into the SEC's selective enforcement policies, or in civil suits - and it might offer backing to any SEC staffers arguing against Tesla enforcement action internally.

So Tesla investors making formal SEC complaints is very much useful.