Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Contacting Tesla service centre in UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CaptTony

Sep 27, 2020
UK
I have had my car less than 2 weeks. Before delivery Tesla were all over me. Now I can’t get in touch with them. Yesterday I had an issue. I checked the website and the only 2 ways I could find for contacting Tesla was by a limited messaging facility, limited by the issues that needed to be discussed, and they were largely centred on purchasing, not on ongoing post purchase service issues, and by calling the roadside assistance number. i called the number, and then pressed 2 as my call was not urgent. I was told I had to wait more than 20 minutes. Not a problem so I waited. I got various voice messages giving me a count down and eventually one saying I had to wait more than 5 minutes followed by the phone ringing indicating i was being connected. It rang once and then I was told by another automated voice message that i had to wait more than 40 minutes, and a couple of minutes passed and then another message told me I would have to wait more than 1 hour. I gave up at that point. My question is, is there a better way to contact Tesla about service issues? By the way my issue is over condensation in the door pillar cameras. Is this normal? I don’t know if this is a normal issue or if there is a problem with the build and wanted to discuss it with Tesla. An email would have sufficed to answer my query which was not urgent, but no such facility seems to exist. I am worried that if i end up having a real problem with the car I won’t be able to get in touch with Tesla in a timely fashion.

Likewise, contact for me has been patchy. I have to book service through the app and the response is variable. I had a scratched windscreen from new, replaced. I've had connection issues since new. Periodically Spotify won't connect, the voice commands stop with message saying connection lost. This goes on for 30 mins or so. Sometimes mapping stops. Now the sentry to mobile has stopped stating connection lost, no sentry to mobile for over a week. I'm not getting value from the premium connectivity and so have cancelled this. The next service available is Birmingham in mid June. I am getting quotes for selling the car, it will be my last ever Tesla if I have to sell. Already will not buy BMW over service standards.