Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Financial Services UK - Ghost-ship?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately our M3 has been written off by our insurer - with ~6 months left on 4yr PCH lease with TFS

So far 4 emails and a voicemail to TFS since Weds asking for a settlement figure and an urgent ask for the the V5C so I can take my private plate off it.

Nothing, no response, tumbleweeds, not even a thanks, we're looking at it.

Is this normal, is anyone there?

I know I can get a settlement figure on the app - but that looks to assume I'll be returning the vehicle to Tesla + paying off the ~£8k it quotes as it mentions damage deductions etc. - the vehicle will be going to copart not Tesla and I can't give that £8k figure to the insurance co. without TFS confirming the actual figure is correct / expected.

A ~£52k car, paid ~23k on the PCH so far over 3.5yrs so the maths don't work surely - Tesla must be owed £52k - £23k from the insurance to write it off.

This is blocking me ordering a model Y (as I need to be sure claim is settled 1st) to replace it, and is giving me serious doubts about using TFS again - there seems to be no way to speak to a human other than voicemail and requesting a call-back.

Anyone know of a way to escalate this to speak to a human?

Reactions: MD70
Yeah services are total and utter $*&!. Its one of the reasons I'm staying away from Tesla on PCP again. Although I've not had any problems like yourself, it just seems any service at all is non existent in this country. Its very worrying for when you do have an actual problem that needs sorting asap.

Sorry I couldn't help. I suggest keep ringing them up.

The app should show you the settlement figure with no need to contact FS - when I settled the finance last year, the email response from them was that the app is up to date for settlement figure within 2 days of any scheduled payments.

Can't help with the V5 though...

You should have the V5C if the car is registered to you. If you've misplaced it, you can request a replacement directly from the DVLA.

Edit: Never mind. Someone else mentioned PCP & I didn't notice you had said PCH in your original post.

Last edited:
well they still haven’t taken my pcp payments over a year later… took me 4 months to get a settlement figure after having to go to the financial ombudsman but lost the car I wanted so didn’t sell in the end and now going for compensation.

Before someone states the obvious, my finance isn’t in the app or website due to issues when they redid the finance when I threatened to return the car after I got it delivered the day before the big price drop and Apr change .

• Funny
Reactions: Zedbox
Well, they got back to me Friday to tell me the person who needs to validate the settlement figure was out until Monday.

They came back Monday and I got the figure :/ and to add insult to injury they want to add VAT to the total amount, which let's just say leaves a pretty big gap between 'fair market value' and outstanding finance. I didn't even consider GAP for a PCH as I didn't think it was required - mea culpa, hindsight etc. on that :/

What in-reality is fairly minor panel damage has led to Insurance co. writing it off due to multi-month lead time which means multi-month storage + multi-month courtesy car. so, basically, don't sneeze near it!

Let's just say I was ready to press the button on a MY LR. experience so far of TFS and tbh Tesla "service" in-general over the 3.5 years we had it really not encouraging me to do so.

Well, they got back to me Friday to tell me the person who needs to validate the settlement figure was out until Monday.

They came back Monday and I got the figure :/ and to add insult to injury they want to add VAT to the total amount, which let's just say leaves a pretty big gap between 'fair market value' and outstanding finance. I didn't even consider GAP for a PCH as I didn't think it was required - mea culpa, hindsight etc. on that :/

What in-reality is fairly minor panel damage has led to Insurance co. writing it off due to multi-month lead time which means multi-month storage + multi-month courtesy car. so, basically, don't sneeze near it!

Let's just say I was ready to press the button on a MY LR. experience so far of TFS and tbh Tesla "service" in-general over the 3.5 years we had it really not encouraging me to do so.
That is what you call a Sh!t show.
Reading this and knowing how Tesla treat people, I wouldn't touch another Tesla unless you want to risk it.