Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Positive Service Experience!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As ever on forums, people are quick to post problems and issues they are having, which can be off putting to potential buyers.

So just to redress the balance, I thought I’d post about my recent experience with Tesla service.

Yesterday my 2018 Model S failed its MOT because the near side headlight was not properly aligned. The MOT place tried to adjust using the built in system but still couldn’t align it properly so the car failed.

I returned home at lunchtime and logged a service request on the app. Within 30 minutes, the car was booked in for ranger service on Monday 6 May. Along with the estimate to fix at £35.60. This all made me very pleased.

A little later I got a further communication saying that as the car had failed the MOT it would have to come to the workshop instead. I was offered a “while you wait” appointment at 09.00 this morning at Leeds Service Centre, which is my local service centre. Naturally I took this up.

The process dropping car off was painless and it took about 2 hours to fix. The problem was that the adjuster had come off the ball joint, so was not actually adjusting anything. Nevertheless they stood by their estimate of £35.60 which, I think, was based on them being able to sort out through the screen.

The hardest part of the process was resisting the offer of a test drive in a Highland, I know myself too well and can see where that would have ended up 🤣

Anyway, hats off to Leeds for a quick and courteous service at an excellent price .

Ssshhhhh. If someone finds out they are going above and beyond they may all get the sack in punishment for having a bit of flexibility in their workload.

A really good chap at Brooklands suffered that fate I believe. We had a whole list of things agreed with him but by the time we went to have the work done, he was gone and many things on that list were suddenly ‘within spec’.

Last edited:
Ssshhhhh. If someone finds out they are going above and beyond they may all get the sack in punishment for having a bit of flexibility in their workload.

A really good chap at Brooklands suffered that fate I believe. We had a whole list of things agreed with him but by the time we went to have the work done, he was gone and many things on that list were suddenly ‘within spec’.
Maybe he just left the business, got a better job elsewhere and someone else saw the job cars and marked it all off?

Good to hear. I found Acton/Hangar Lane very pleasant to deal with but then they didn’t put the pressure monitor back on tyre properly making me think I had a slow leak! KwikFit at the end of my road found that out when I took it in and kindly sorted it out for free

Reactions: Fat Wolfie
A couple of weeks ago I arrived at the Norwich east Superchargers having travelled 245 miles, 14% of charge left. The car wouldn't charge giving a CP_a074 Charging Equipment communication error. I went to the Norwich Service Centre where they booked it in for the next hour slot. I think they replaced the charge control ECU in that hour and charged the car to 80% at no cost. I was very happy with the experience having only lost a couple of hours out of my day at most. (MYLR)