Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Containment hold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post!

I'm new to the Tesla community and went to go pickup my Model S Standard Range and was told that there was a containment hold and they were waiting for the Homologation process to be completed. I found some posts about Model 3 customers having this same issue, is there anyone else here that's experiencing this with their new Model S Standard Range?

What country are you in? Your profile says you’re in Virginia and I never heard of homologation issues here in the states. I’ve purchased products from vendors who were later barred from selling in the States on a temporary basis, but this was over legal disputes in the domestic and international courts.

What country are you in? Your profile says you’re in Virginia and I never heard of homologation issues here in the states. I’ve purchased products from vendors who were later barred from selling in the States on a temporary basis, but this was over legal disputes in the domestic and international courts.
Am here in Virginia, USA. I was told that the paperwork hasn't been processed through regulatory approval yet as it's a new series of the Model S.

If you read this blog post (old but still valid) there are quite a large number of hoops that a manufacturer needs to run through at the federal level to be approved on the roads in the states for new vehicles. What I don’t understand is why an existing model needs further approval unless there have been significant changes to its design. We know of some changes, to the drive train, ICE (HW3) and other incremental changes. There is probably a small number of approvals they still need. Did they give you any sort of time frame?

50 State Legal

Am here in Virginia, USA. I was told that the paperwork hasn't been processed through regulatory approval yet as it's a new series of the Model S.
Forgot to add that my Model S is there at the delivery center. I could see it and sit in it but nothing more. Couldn't even finish the paperwork on it yet

You'd be the first reported new Model S delivery if you did get it. Good to hear that Tesla seems to have actually manufactured these cars now.