Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continental Extreme Contact tires are terrible for M3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked my car up from the tire shop. I had these tires put on for the winter because the M3 Performance comes with summer high performance tires.

Pushed the car through a turn and the rear end slid out pretty good. I wanted the Michelin tires but they are sold out everywhere. I had a set of these Continentals on my S and really liked them.

Anyone else have these tires on their 3?

Thanks. I did take it out again tonight and noticed an improvement. Maybe I was a bit premature.

Yes, you were I think. Unless it’s something specific to this car. I’ve had these tires on RWD (5 series BMW), AWD (Volvo R and Porsche Cayenne) and FWD (GTI). They are excellent performance based all-seasons. My RWD BMW got through some pretty severe snow with them. No issues in the dry. Keep scrubbing them in. ;)

Reactions: longshot49
Yes, you were I think. Unless it’s something specific to this car. I’ve had these tires on RWD (5 series BMW), AWD (Volvo R and Porsche Cayenne) and FWD (GTI). They are excellent performance based all-seasons. My RWD BMW got through some pretty severe snow with them. No issues in the dry. Keep scrubbing them in. ;)
Every chance I get I loved these on my S. Just had to run some errands and they are gripping a lot better now.

Every chance I get I loved these on my S. Just had to run some errands and they are gripping a lot better now.
As an aside....While I think the AWD 3 is a really good snow car, I think our S is the best car I’ve ever driven in snow. The 3 is a hell of a lot more fun though as I can barely get our S to break loose in corners. The traction control won’t let me have fun. :p Anyway I had a similar reaction as you with my brand new Nokians. So it’s probaly 2 fold. The tires are new and the Model S is simply bomber in the snow in my experience.