Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's aren't different than any other car. If you keep touching the door, it will wind up with scratches. If this is your first car that you really baby, then yeah, do PPF. Or just accept that your daily driver will show wear over time. Do you remember back when cars had keys to enter? Talk about scratch city!

Personally, I'd weigh the cost of full car PPF and ceramic vs doing a repaint/wrap down the road. I went with front/partial PPF (and glad I'm did) and ceramic elsewhere. This was already close to 2k.

That's pointless. PPF + ceramic top coat is the premium way to go. Chip protection plus water/dirt protection.

I understand but, for instance, what if someone like myself who has ceramic decided after reading about PPF on this forum to upgrade? My paint was perfected prior to ceramic and is still spotless so I have been assuming that I could put the PPF right on the ceramic.

I understand but, for instance, what if someone like myself who has ceramic decided after reading about PPF on this forum to upgrade? My paint was perfected prior to ceramic and is still spotless so I have been assuming that I could put the PPF right on the ceramic.
They will have to remove the ceramic, apply the PPF, then reapply the ceramic. That's what I'm having done. Luckily they're doing the ceramic part for free.