Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coolant leaked. Ran over debris.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ran over debris (Wheel cover) while driving around 60mph. its Model Y 2023. 'Reduced power' sign popped after 5 miles and I drove home another 10 miles. I called tesla roadside and they took it to service center. After 5 days, they suggested me to take it to the collision center or body shop as its an impact damage.

I towed it to a body shop, they replaced some parts including coolant hose. But computer is not turning on.

Anyone had similar situation? Please advise.

I ran over debris (Wheel cover) while driving around 60mph. its Model Y 2023. 'Reduced power' sign popped after 5 miles and I drove home another 10 miles. I called tesla roadside and they took it to service center. After 5 days, they suggested me to take it to the collision center or body shop as its an impact damage.

I towed it to a body shop, they replaced some parts including coolant hose. But computer is not turning on.

Anyone had similar situation? Please advise.
If they did not properly bleed the coolant system, it will not allow the HV system to power on.
The body shop needs to do this properly. Tell them to bleed the coolant system they worked on.

My advice is to be patient and let the service center people continue their work. Be prepared to file a collision claim or comprehensive claim with your insurance company if it gets expensive. Why else do you have insurance?

Be sure it's not still leaking coolant. There is a very sensitive place in the front of the battery where the coolant hoses go in. If that breaks right at the inlet, Tesla wants to change the whole battery. There is a DIY fix where I've seen a coupler threaded in but it's risky. It's the reason why I'm thinking about getting an aluminum belly pan. Really bad design how the inlets are placed right with no protection, where running over something at high speed can break them.