Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coolant Low Warning Concern

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am new to this area, so hopefully, I put this question in the right place.

My wife and I have recently purchased a 2018 Tesla Model X P100D in August of this year. My wife went for a trip today, but shortly after starting the drive, she got a warning that the coolant level was low. I mentioned she should turn around and I can check things over. I popped the cover off in the frunk and checked the expansion tank. It looks like the coolant level is about 1/2 inch below the low-level mark. I could top it off, but I am concerned that there is a leak somewhere in the system. I haven't found any puddles under the vehicle, and I haven't started pulling panels off the undercarriage yet.

I was hoping to get feedback on where the most common locations are that the system may leak. The vehicle has about 77k miles on it, and I don't know if there have been any issues with the previous owner. I am hoping that it is something simple like a hose, and doesn't require sending into the service center since we are about 200 miles from one.

Any suggestions on the best coolant to use, and where I should be checking for leaks first?

Any feedback is appreciated!

I just bought this car 7 days ago from Tesla. At 90% charge it shows only 246 miles, rated at 310 at 100%. Is this a problem coming?
This is the Model X forum. From your prior posts I think you have a 3? I suggest you post your question in the correct forum and be sure to indicate the version of the car, and year if not new.

Irregardless, try charging to 100% and see what it shows.

Reactions: Longrangeboost
Upvote 0