Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Corded mobile connector availability [7.20.2022]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heads up. Back in stock. If you want to charge using 14-50. I have been waiting for this for a bit. It charges up to 40A vs 32A for the Gen 2 mobile connector. Since I already had a 14-50 at home for my previous EV, I didn’t want to spend the money to hardwire and buy the home charger.

Still in stock as of 1400 eastern,

I also did not receive an "In-stock notification" just happened to see it on TMC.

I bought my CMC in 2019 back when they were out of stock and I bought it from another TMC member, honestly I cannot remember the last time I saw them in stock prior to now, maybe 1st or 2nd quarter of 2020...

TLDR, I bought a new CMC today from Tesla for $218 (tax incl.)

I ordered 2 of the corded mobile connectors on Thursday the 21st and got confirmation emails (one for each car). Still not shipped as of the 27th. It went out of stock the day after I ordered them so I'm probably just way down the list, I hope.

I also had this item set to email when it came in stock and I recieved no notification. I learned aboit it from another web site and jumped on it.

I ordered a different item from Tesla on the 25th and it shipped the 26th.

I ordered 2 of the corded mobile connectors on Thursday the 21st and got confirmation emails (one for each car). Still not shipped as of the 27th. It went out of stock the day after I ordered them so I'm probably just way down the list, I hope.

I also had this item set to email when it came in stock and I recieved no notification. I learned aboit it from another web site and jumped on it.

I ordered a different item from Tesla on the 25th and it shipped the 26th.
Ordered 7/20, shipped 7/20. It came yesterday. Mine came in a bag and the plastic bubble wrap had blue painters tape securing 3 different locations. It seems as it is an "open box" item. There weren't any physical blemishes and it worked fine though.

Ordered 7/20, shipped 7/20. It came yesterday. Mine came in a bag and the plastic bubble wrap had blue painters tape securing 3 different locations. It seems as it is an "open box" item. There weren't any physical blemishes and it worked fine though.

Interesting. That makes you wonder about condition and the circumstances. I actually ordered on the 20th. The shop order confirmation email was the 21st. I'll give them a while longer before pinging them. I'll post if and when I ever get them.

Ordered 7/20, shipped 7/20. It came yesterday.
I ordered two on the 20th, same day they went in stock. I got the order confirmation and CC was charged the same day. It showed as in stock for two days after I ordered. Nothing happened for a week so I contacted order support. They finally got back to me yesterday and said it was out of stock and they did not know if it was ever coming back, BUT my order was still active and paid for and it would stay that way unless I wanted to cancel. I told him to cancel and refund ASAP which he did although the credit does not show up quite as fast as the charge it.

Welcome back to the 1980's and Sears style ordering although I'd never had trouble like this before. There's zero notification if an in stock item shifts to a back order status after you've ordered. Apparently the in stock status in not real time when you make the order.

I ordered two on the 20th, same day they went in stock. I got the order confirmation and CC was charged the same day. It showed as in stock for two days after I ordered. Nothing happened for a week so I contacted order support. They finally got back to me yesterday and said it was out of stock and they did not know if it was ever coming back, BUT my order was still active and paid for and it would stay that way unless I wanted to cancel. I told him to cancel and refund ASAP which he did although the credit does not show up quite as fast as the charge it.

Welcome back to the 1980's and Sears style ordering although I'd never had trouble like this before. There's zero notification if an in stock item shifts to a back order status after you've ordered. Apparently the in stock status in not real time when you make the order.

That's terrible. Glad you got your money back, but you should not have had to follow-up like that. I guess I'm lucky they had it locally.

Try to contact Tesla but got no assistance. Situation:

1. Order M3 LR and Mobile Connecter on 5th June and got email confirmation;
2. M3 delivery window updated to 9th September - 7th October;
3. No news on the Mobile Connecter, it shows "Tracking not available yet" under Account -> Order History

Wondering what should I do, order a Wall Charger then cancel the Mobile Connecter, or wait for another couple of weeks? If I order the Wall Charger now, how long it will be delivered?

Fyi, corded mobile connector is different.

3. No news on the Mobile Connecter, it shows "Tracking not available yet" under Account -> Order History

Wondering what should I do, order a Wall Charger then cancel the Mobile Connecter, or wait for another couple of weeks? If I order the Wall Charger now, how long it will be delivered?
corded mobile connector isn’t the same as mobile connector. Just fyi.

Any updates? I likewise ordered M3 LR, a 10-30 adaptor, and a corded mobile connector. Took delivery of the M3 and the adaptor was delivered, but corded mobile connector order was cancelled. I had set up to charge via 30 amp (dryer splitter). Have called nearby Tesla service center parts departments but so far no luck. I was told it could take til Dec for backorders to arrive. Any suggestions?

Well I was complaining to my buddy about the lack of a charger prior to picking up the car and I received a shipping notification. Ironically it was the order I placed on 9/6 and not 6/29 when I ordered the car.