Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All!

So unfortunately a pickup ran a red light and hit me [Pics attached]. I am wondering if anyone in this group has had similar damage and has an idea to give me on costs. I'm not sure where State Farm will value the vehicle [2016.5 Model S P100DL fully loaded all upgrades, SCO1, and MCU2 with ~100k miles]. Hood, bumper, passenger side headlight/fog light, plus unknown items I am sure will all need to be replaced. Any ideas on costs or whether they might total it?

Attachments

• 20240614_081658.jpg
    20240614_081658.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 3
they might wright it off if bumper or any little piece of the frame is damaged...

this was mine that i picked up at auction, so obviously they wrote it off (almost same car but 62k mi n mcu1)
no airbags deployed, no hood/fender damage but suspension arm was broken n wheel dented some aluminum frame behind it

1718481214627.png

i personally would keep it, most times u can repair it much cheaper than ins estimates, cause they will replace anything that has a scratch on it lol

Reactions: MdlSP100D'16
they might wright it off if bumper or any little piece of the frame is damaged...

this was mine that i picked up at auction, so obviously they wrote it off (almost same car but 62k mi n mcu1)
no airbags deployed, no hood/fender damage but suspension arm was broken n wheel dented some aluminum frame behind it

View attachment 1056820

i personally would keep it, most times u can repair it much cheaper than ins estimates, cause they will replace anything that has a scratch on it lol
That is crazy how close that damage looks to mine! Do you remember what they quoted the repairs as being [I know they totaled it but I'm curious as to what they valued the car at and what they thought repair costs would be]

Seeing only that single photo it appear as all the items underneath are intact. Does the AC works? Are the front USS still active, no empty spaces on the IC? If so then the only thing that is damaged is the front fog light and headlight (in that area). And there is no errors on the service mode?

Reactions: MdlSP100D'16
Seeing only that single photo it appear as all the items underneath are intact. Does the AC works? Are the front USS still active, no empty spaces on the IC? If so then the only thing that is damaged is the front fog light and headlight (in that area). And there is no errors on the service mode?
So it was in the middle of mainstream here in Lex, KY so I couldn't really get too involved. No idea about AC. Car was still driveable and didn't shut down on me. Not sure about errors in service mode unfortunately. I know errors popped about on the screen though. Stability mode wasn't available, and anything to do with radar was also disabled.

Sorry about your car. I had a similar damage on the driver side minus the hood on late 2016 MS90D and it cost around 13k to repair at a tesla certified shop in PA. Hope that helps.
THANKS! This is exactlyyyyy what I was asking. I'm taking to a certified shop in Louisville KY. Similar costs I believe probably as far as cost of living so I hope similar in repairs. That'd probably put mine in the 15k range...so hopefully not totalled unless some unseen frame damage. Thanks buddy!

Reactions: T3SLA90D