Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Costa Mesa Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
was awesome.

The only reason I am really writing his is the final touch they added.

I went into the room. The girl (wish I recall the name) was very nice the waiting area was plush (didn’t wait long). The process was smooth and my car was sitting on a carpet right in the front. I don’t think it was a red carpet but I remember it that way :)

The best part was after we went over the car I pulled ahead to the gate to leave the warehouse and the guy at the gate gave me thumbs up, opened the gate and then everyone of the employees started applauding me and saying congrats. That’s made me feel special and was a very nice touch. I had permagrin for awhile. :) I’ll never forget it.

Well done.

Glad to hear it went well for you! Enjoy it :) Picking mine up at Costa Mesa in a few weeks. Out of curiosity, did you pick yours up at the Sales and Delivery center, or at the Service Center down the street? See they are delivering at both!

Very similar experience with my X at Costa Mesa, I showed up a tad late and they called to confirm I was still coming in, when I showed up my X was open and ready for viewing. I was dreading the potential of finding a ton of issues, but luckily found only some minor ones where they touched up within 15 mins. I brought myself and two others with me just to look over the car. When we departed they were lined up applauding us while we left as well. Wasn't my first Tesla, but it still felt like a good gesture. I picked mine up on a Wednesday, maybe weekday pickups are more personal than weekend deliveries?

It's kind of like "happy birthday" song at the restaurant. At the time when you are driving out, they try to find as many people as they could to say congrats and claps at the exit. When we took delivery of our X last year, almost the entire team were there as the place was pretty empty only 1 other car (model s) was being delivered. When we took delivery of the 3 two weeks, they could only find 2 others. I think about 4 model 3 deliveries were going on at the same time.

It's kind of like "happy birthday" song at the restaurant. At the time when you are driving out, they try to find as many people as they could to say congrats and claps at the exit. When we took delivery of our X last year, almost the entire team were there as the place was pretty empty only 1 other car (model s) was being delivered. When we took delivery of the 3 two weeks, they could only find 2 others. I think about 4 model 3 deliveries were going on at the same time.
It's funny i gave this analogy to my parents when i explained to them except unlike banging pots and pans for your B-Day at Red Robin where the employees look like they can't wait for their shift to end the Tesla employees looked genuinely happy for me. It was cool

was awesome.

The only reason I am really writing his is the final touch they added.

I went into the room. The girl (wish I recall the name) was very nice the waiting area was plush (didn’t wait long). The process was smooth and my car was sitting on a carpet right in the front. I don’t think it was a red carpet but I remember it that way :)

The best part was after we went over the car I pulled ahead to the gate to leave the warehouse and the guy at the gate gave me thumbs up, opened the gate and then everyone of the employees started applauding me and saying congrats. That’s made me feel special and was a very nice touch. I had permagrin for awhile. :) I’ll never forget it.

Well done.
Exactly the same experience at CM delivery center 3 weeks ago. Every employee I met there was enthusiastic. Still wearing permagrin!