Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO --> Something to be concerned with?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am brand new to this forum but have been reading a ton of posts and wow the knowledge is unbelievably helpful.

I have recently pulled the trigger on getting a used Tesla -- 2016 MS 90D with 20K miles -- so I'm awaiting the notice of delivery so I can fly to NJ to pick it up - its like Christmas as a child. Everything looks great on the car sans what looks like scratches under the front bumper -- I am guessing hitting a parking curb of some sort. I am usually under the assumption this is purely cosmetic which you can't see but wanted to you everyone's thoughts on if this is something that I should be concerned with. In the picture with the red rectangle -- I'm wondering if this is a "crack" of that fender or it those are two pieces of the car coming together and that is slightly compromised because of the scrape.

Any help insights would be great!

Thanks,
N

front right -- under nose.jpg
front under nose.jpg
front of car.jpg
front of car -- zoomed in.jpg
right rear.jpg
left side.jpg

Important distinction to avoid confusion: Tesla ended the CPO program nearly a year ago. What you're talking about is a used car and not a CPO which would normally denote a certain level of cosmetic inspection and refurbishment. What you're getting is a used car with a factory warranty against mechanical defects that likely hasn't even had the 70-point inspection done that they claim. It's important that you know you're buying a used car and inspect it thoroughly as any cosmetic issues are yours once you sign the paperwork. If you want them to fix anything ask before you sign paperwork and force them to put it in writing.

• Disagree
Reactions: dethman and ucmndd
Important distinction to avoid confusion: Tesla ended the CPO program nearly a year ago. What you're talking about is a used car and not a CPO which would normally denote a certain level of cosmetic inspection and refurbishment. What you're getting is a used car with a factory warranty against mechanical defects that likely hasn't even had the 70-point inspection done that they claim. It's important that you know you're buying a used car and inspect it thoroughly as any cosmetic issues are yours once you sign the paperwork. If you want them to fix anything ask before you sign paperwork and force them to put it in writing.
Thanks for the input!! At this point they indicated that stuff won't be fixed. What I was more concerned with was the longer term issue with it. I did finally get them to confirm that it is indeed cracked -- and judging from the length of that line across that bottom portion of the underneath portion of that bumper -- it may be in a spot where it will have to be repaired. I am happy to take on wear and tear but this may beyond the level of a knick or small scratch.

Appreciate the input.