Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crack in driver side window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• window1.jpg
    window1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 955
  • window2.jpg
    window2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 515
That's a pretty significant crack. Good to know it was just the glass and no one got injured.

However, this does make me wonder how the tempered glass on pre dual-pane production units would behave in the same situation. It takes pretty decent force with a pointed object to shatter tempered glass so I am curious as to its resilience vs the dual pane glass. Would it have shattered in the OPs incident? Hmm...

My tinting shop shattered mine leaving the heatgun in one place too long. Now I can’t dive it till the replacement ships to the service center which is still TBD from PA 3 days later. Holiday weekend. When I picked it up I rolled the glass down and a piece fell out. I thought I’d be able to use it for the holding weekend now I have a very expensive driveway ornament.

Well that sucks but at least with the laminated windows it's still drivable. From the OP, it was around $275 to replace. I'm sure tinting companies deal with damage all of the time and most reputable places fess up and pay for any damages.

We've seen them drive cars into the side of the garage here on this forum plus stories about trim damage from heat guns.