Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked rear window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cleaning the car today and found a 2 inch crack in the rear windscreen. Car was valeted a couple weeks ago and nothing mentioned. Auto defog has come on a few time briefly recently and that turns on rear demister. Car is always garaged and glass is unmarked otherwise.
What's the chances of Tesla coughing up this one?
20230804_115609.jpg

Cleaning the car today and found a 2 inch crack in the rear windscreen. Car was valeted a couple weeks ago and nothing mentioned. Auto defog has come on a few time briefly recently and that turns on rear demister. Car is always garaged and glass is unmarked otherwise.
What's the chances of Tesla coughing up this one?View attachment 962143
I had a crack appear in the top roof of my Model Y and Tesla replaced the entire glass via the warranty. If the crack appears from the inside they can determine it was not caused by an external object. They defined it as a stress crack. Schedule an appointment via the app. As normal, they will charge you over the app initially.

My first car was part of a batch where the heating elements caused it to crack, back in 2019. It looked nothing like that, the crack would always be originating from somewhere where a line or joint was in the heater. I would say that's nothing to do with the heater.