Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creaking noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah, I'll let you know... if the warranty wasn't expiring in 10 days, I'd probably have left it a bit, but I don't want it to develop into something worse and then be out of warranty when I report it.

I cancelled the original service request and then did another one only this time I described it as a concern that the same issue was happening to the rear bushes as happened to the front. Got a service appointment without a zero fee invoice so booked in for the 26th.

having been in, they couldn't at first hear the squeak. They were listening with windows open and driving too fast. I told them to close the windows and move at a snail's pace. They heard it and checked all suspension rods. Turned out the only bushes that weren't knackered were the front lower ones that were replaced last year. So, despite the fact that the warranty expired last week, they're doing all the work under warranty at an appointment on the 20th of October (next available after parts come in).

Moral of the story: make sure any creaks or squeaks are checked out before your warranty expires.

Reactions: MrBadger
I have a 2019 Model 3 Performance 60k miles old. The car has had a creaking when gently stopping, pulling away and sharp bumps/turn in the road.

Found to be this by tesla service (ignore sensationalist headline):

Very reasonable main dealer cost for replacement £67 each in the UK and diagnosed/replaced inside 3hrs. Knocks spots off Audi, Porsche and BMW ball joint replacement costs.. and those need doing just as often.