Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creaking under rear bench when changing from acceleration to regen.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hi all, I'm a 2020 Model 3 Performance owner and I'm about to go back on track tomorrow, but was a bit concerned when I noticed the creaking under the rear bench when switching from acceleration to deceleration.

I have made a few mods to the car, MPP and UP, but all at the front. I have seen a some posts about similar noises, but not the exact same.

Has anyone heard the same coming from the back? I'm hoping it's nothing that would affect the car's safety on track and may be slightly creaky motor mount bushings.

Any advice is highly appreciated! 👍

Hi all, I'm a 2020 Model 3 Performance owner and I'm about to go back on track tomorrow, but was a bit concerned when I noticed the creaking under the rear bench when switching from acceleration to deceleration.

I have made a few mods to the car, MPP and UP, but all at the front. I have seen a some posts about similar noises, but not the exact same.

Has anyone heard the same coming from the back? I'm hoping it's nothing that would affect the car's safety on track and may be slightly creaky motor mount bushings.

Any advice is highly appreciated! 👍
Stock 2023 M3P here and have a similar creaking during deceleration, but not as consistent (yet). I was thinking that it was noisy door seals and was planning on dressing them, but your vid seems to rule that out. I’m a bit busy with travel this summer and will schedule service afterwards. Hoping that someone has an answer for us in the meantime.

Upvote 0
Stock 2023 M3P here and have a similar creaking during deceleration, but not as consistent (yet). I was thinking that it was noisy door seals and was planning on dressing them, but your vid seems to rule that out. I’m a bit busy with travel this summer and will schedule service afterwards. Hoping that someone has an answer for us in the meantime.
I'm in a similar situation travel wise and won't be able to bring it into Tesla till September, but would love to get a few opinions beforehand.

Upvote 0