Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to update on the timeline with Adelfi for those that are looking into the process. After getting the loan approval on 10/6. I submitted all the documents on 10/7-Friday. Everything was closed for Columbus day on Monday-10/10. On 10/11 I followed up with them and they needed me to get a revised my purchase agreement(tesla was super responsive in changing it within the hr), once I got them the updated copy they finalized the loan and the loan was funded to Tesla on 10/12.

If I was doing it again, I first would've opened the checking account before getting a VIN assigned, and then could get the auto loan as soon as the VIN was assigned. MY pickup is scheduled for 10/15, so the process had me sweating it out a little to make sure nothing got tied up! 😅

Reactions: skydve1
If I was doing it again, I first would've opened the checking account before getting a VIN assigned, and then could get the auto loan as soon as the VIN was assigned. MY pickup is scheduled for 10/15, so the process had me sweating it out a little to make sure nothing got tied up! 😅

Thanks for the heads-up. My new MY isn't set to be delivered for a few months, but I signed up for the checking account today!

Reactions: Conor_NY
Anyone have a timeline for Adelfi currently?

Submitted all paperwork and acknowledged by Adelfi. Loan "preapproved". Membership/Account opened. - 10/13/22
10/14/22 - Crickets...

Just curious when they send DocuSign stuff as I'm trying to take delivery on Wednesday of next week.

Anyone have a timeline for Adelfi currently?

Submitted all paperwork and acknowledged by Adelfi. Loan "preapproved". Membership/Account opened. - 10/13/22
10/14/22 - Crickets...

Just curious when they send DocuSign stuff as I'm trying to take delivery on Wednesday of next week.
This past week, when I called they generally said it takes 1-3 business days to have them review it and get you the documents to sign. When i called on the 2nd business day, they were able to have someone review it and then had my speak to an underwriter to fix one document. Once that was done i got the docusign document within a couple hours. Once things were signed, the loan was funded that same day.

Just call them early Monday to try to move things along and you'll be good.

I asked the SA to enable financing. I'm in the process of applying for financing through adelfi. Tesla is giving me until tonight to choose a delivery time and when I choose financing, Tesla is asking for the financier and the exact amount that will be financed.

Since I won't figure out the loan before tonight, if I put in I'll pay with cash so I can choose a delivery date, can I change it later to financing before delivery without any issues? Thanks

That shouldn't be an issue. You have up until delivery to change any form of payment I would assume, but don't quote me on that. I assume they just want things to draft up. I went through Adelfi and here's my timeline. I did preface that I needed to take delivery on X date to see if they would speed things up. Unfortunately, everything went via secure portal messaging instead of phone call. Never received one call from them.

10/13/22 - submitted/approval same day
10/14/22 - Docusign docs signed/delivered
10/17/22 - Supposedly funded (wired) today, but need to confirm with them
10/19/22 - Take delivery and pay rest of the amount via ACH after inspection

Reactions: puncho
Thanks! Did you go straight to submitting all the documents or did you wait for them to review your application first
Once I received approval I think I got an email that said please submit xyz. I submitted xyz then they said they received everything but needed my membership to clear. I had to call the membership people as I had to answer some security questions. Keep in mind this all took place on 10/13.

Reactions: puncho