Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They’re pretty easy to work with. My loan got pre-approved in 1 day. Membership is easy to get once you deposit the $19.50 (I did it over phone using my CC). So far all good…I’ll have a better idea about their payment disbursement once I get the VIN assigned.
Can u please advise how you applied for the $19.50 membership ? Was it online or did you have to call in ? Did you have to wait to apply for the loan until membership was approved ?
One last question.. once the loan is pre-approved and if the rates go up before the VIN is issued, will they honor the original rate at time of the loan application or will they use the rate at time of loan issuance ?

Thanks !

I managed to get hold of a customer service person over the phone and acted dumb enough for her to walk me through the entire process, until I filled and submitted the application. She was very nice and in fact told me about all documents that will be needed beyond what they had mentioned on their website. It saved me some time to get approved. I also applied for the loan in parallel, the loan got approved first (within a day)…I would suggest you to lock the rate…it’s valid for 30 days and they can honor the same rate further upon request…membership may take couple of extra days. When I’d called them today, I heard on their voice mail that they’re taking about a week or two to process new loan applications owing to the volume…I did mine it on Monday (13 th) and didn’t face any issue.
Remember- the rates change on 1st March ‘23 so try to get it locked first.

I managed to get hold of a customer service person over the phone and acted dumb enough for her to walk me through the entire process, until I filled and submitted the application. She was very nice and in fact told me about all documents that will be needed beyond what they had mentioned on their website. It saved me some time to get approved. I also applied for the loan in parallel, the loan got approved first (within a day)…I would suggest you to lock the rate…it’s valid for 30 days and they can honor the same rate further upon request…membership may take couple of extra days. When I’d called them today, I heard on their voice mail that they’re taking about a week or two to process new loan applications owing to the volume…I did mine it on Monday (13 th) and didn’t face any issue.

Thanks . So if I understood correctly:
Step 1 - apply for the loan online at the Armco website and get pre-approved/locl the rate.
Step 2 - apply for the membership to the BC3 alumni by paying $19.65 .. this is the part I am not clear on... How do I apply for this ? Is it online or do I have to call some number for the BC3 Alumni association?

Thanks . So if I understood correctly:
Step 1 - apply for the loan online at the Armco website and get pre-approved/locl the rate.
Step 2 - apply for the membership to the BC3 alumni by paying $19.65 .. this is the part I am not clear on... How do I apply for this ? Is it online or do I have to call some number for the BC3 Alumni association?
Both the steps are Online and pretty intuitive on their website.

Reactions: Rajb
Call early in the morning (wait 30 min in hold) to talk to somebody in the load dept. Ask to speak to a manager and hopefully they can get somebody to figure it out for you.

I probably called them like 5 times to bug them about my loan. You gotta be persistent. Al thought it’s frustrating and time consuming, glad I’m paying 3.49% instead of 6% with Tesla or somebody else
i think it may have gotten worse, I don't have the luxury of having large open swaths of time each day where I am not in meetings..usually 30 minutes tops. I've tried several times but end up having to bail on the call to go into a meeting...also, none of my emails or portal messages have been responded to. With an EDD of 2/26-3/5 will likely go with my local CU and then switch this to refi if I ever to hear back from someone.

i think it may have gotten worse, I don't have the luxury of having large open swaths of time each day where I am not in meetings..usually 30 minutes tops. I've tried several times but end up having to bail on the call to go into a meeting...also, none of my emails or portal messages have been responded to. With an EDD of 2/26-3/5 will likely go with my local CU and then switch this to refi if I ever to hear back from someone.
Chances are they’re not gonna call you.
I would call on my way into work l, which would give me 30 min or so to discuss things and this was at 6-7 am pacific, which was 9-10 am their time.

Once I got all my docs it seemed that put the pressure on them to even look at it. Without having all your docs submitted and not letting them know, I think they’ll just get to you when they get to you, unless somebody calls and tells them

Chances are they’re not gonna call you.
I would call on my way into work l, which would give me 30 min or so to discuss things and this was at 6-7 am pacific, which was 9-10 am their time.

Once I got all my docs it seemed that put the pressure on them to even look at it. Without having all your docs submitted and not letting them know, I think they’ll just get to you when they get to you, unless somebody calls and tells them
Yeah, they have everything now including the MVPA. Not sure about the "not letting them know" part..as we're literally having a discussion about emails, chats and phone calls but sure..guess we'll see!