Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried/had luck with using Tower’s rates and getting it matched to their credit union?
Note: this is before the two increases in their rates
My credit union will beat a rate by a quarter percent. However, I have to show them an in writing offer from the lender that they will give me that rate. So, in effect, I have to apply, get approved, then take that to my credit union. Then they still have to get that rate approved by underwriting.

Reactions: sdq_11
Update from Armco CU loan process:

Today my loan was approved and wire was sent to Tesla.

The loan officer said they are getting about 100 times the loans they typically do. So please be patient :cool:

Over all, the process was pretty straight forward for me. Well worth the "hassle" to get half the rate of my local CU.

If you need them to process your loan quickly, its def worth calling.

Attachments

• 1677519103578.png
    1677519103578.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 143

The loan officer said they are getting about 100 times the loans they typically do. So please be patient :cool:

Over all, the process was pretty straight forward for me. Well worth the "hassle" to get half the rate of my local CU.

So do they send the wire prior to taking delivery of the vehicle?

How did you get them to complete the loan process without getting membership approved? I applied for both on 2/15.

How did you get them to complete the loan process without getting membership approved? I applied for both on 2/15.
They approved my membership last Thursday when I called for a status update. I knew I needed financing to happen quickly, so I called and waited on hold for about 40 minutes. I told them my pickup was scheduled for this 3/3 and he sent me the paperwork immediately to DocuSign for my membership.

Armco most likely got this info from your credit report. I suggest you pull your more recent CR to check if there is any error. CR from AMEX is like one month lag. You can get your more up-to-date CR from creditkarma.com. It is free to join.

FYI…Armco pulled me from Experian. Good luck.
Was able to talk to a rep and Armco - since I am not a citizen (on Work visa) - they calculated loan based on visa expiry date (exp in 09/2023) - and calculated loan for 1yr which was higher than DTI threshold. Tried explaining that visa gets renewed every 3 years but their internal policy is based on current visa expiry date plus 6 months.

Never had this issue before but that’s their policy so makes sense why they said income not enough.

I went ahead and applied for Everence right now and was approved for 1.99%. We'll see if they need anything else from me. I didn't even have to submit anything about membership. If they can get everything processed then I will probably go with them, but if not I'll refinance with them after I get my delivery taken care of

Sorry, where do you see 1.99%? The lowest I see if 5.49% for 69 months

I went ahead and applied for Everence right now and was approved for 1.99%. We'll see if they need anything else from me. I didn't even have to submit anything about membership. If they can get everything processed then I will probably go with them, but if not I'll refinance with them after I get my delivery taken care of