Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rate is 5+% now, not the same rate
Unless they aren’t honoring the rates on the web site or if they haven’t updated their rates

Attachments

• 79B3F69E-4E66-4012-AA10-8B4634CD327A.jpeg
    79B3F69E-4E66-4012-AA10-8B4634CD327A.jpeg
    448.9 KB · Views: 407
Has anyone had to change their Armco loan from a purchase from dealer to refinance? Is it all the same or will my application have to be resubmitted with the higher rates? I received my VIN and booked the latest available appointment, but it is unlikely that the loan comes through by Wednesday
They gave me the option too, they said it can take up to 4 weeks. They asked if I wanted to switch to refinance, I said No... Don't change anything.. It didn't take 4 weeks, once it got moving it was pretty quick. Granted I checked the status often and answered them immediately. Sometimes, I didn't get an email notification, that they sent me message so I checked a few times a day.

I started messaging with them on 2/27, applied for membership 2/28 online by opening a savings account...and Tesla was funded 3/2. I was particular to send them everything they asked for. If you haven't requested to join membership, do that asap.

No update on account, I did pay my balance today and it shows complete owed $0. I was told I may me able to get car Fri or possibly Thursday Instead of sat if it was paid. I sold my car and wife needs hers, of course I have a 3rd car old 80’s sports car and the damn brake booster went so I can’t drive that and the stupid part won’t be here until Thursday!
I received the tracking number and a copy of the cheque after another call. So I guess I am on track now!

Attachments

• FD436966-65D9-46B9-AB43-6A93EBAC4F54.png
    FD436966-65D9-46B9-AB43-6A93EBAC4F54.png
    274.4 KB · Views: 315
I'm still pending at ARMCO since the middle of Feb. For the folks that got approved on ARMCO, did ARMCO contact you or did you call them to get the loan process moving?
I applied on the 27th and they conditionally approved my application on the 7th of March. They sent an email and I could view the status online. Still waiting on them to confirm the rate I was approved for as they did not mention that in their correspondence, but from other replies it sounds like they’ll honor the old rates through mid-April.

Last edited:
I'm still pending at ARMCO since the middle of Feb. For the folks that got approved on ARMCO, did ARMCO contact you or did you call them to get the loan process moving?
I applied on 02/15. They gave me a hard time about the membership since the address on my driver’s license doesn’t match my home address. I told them I have 2 homes due to work but they didn’t budge and asked me to update my address with DMV, and then send them a proof of address change. I did it next day and they approved my membership. This took them a week for approval as messages bounced back and forth. And then it took another several days from the loan officer asking me how I‘d like the auto loan to be funded, regular mail/overnight check to the dealership or a bank wire. I answered on Monday but have not heard from them since then.

About 10 days, but I was in Europe for part of it and couldn't access things while out of the country. I only applied for the loan this week after becoming a member. You have to donate to the historical society and pass an interview.
Thanks for sharing. Can you get into more details like... How much donation, what is the interview like and any other requirements?

Thanks.

Thanks for sharing. Can you get into more details like... How much donation, what is the interview like and any other requirements?

Thanks.
I made a 65 dollar donation to the US Capitol Historical Society- you have to become a member. My credit was frozen which also slowed things down.

The interview was answering credit questions, validating how I was going to use the CU, and making sure my answers on the app matched. It was pretty straightforward. You cannot apply for a loan until until membership is approved.

Reactions: Fragger
I made a 65 dollar donation to the US Capitol Historical Society- you have to become a member. My credit was frozen which also slowed things down.

The interview was answering credit questions, validating how I was going to use the CU, and making sure my answers on the app matched. It was pretty straightforward. You cannot apply for a loan until until membership is approved.
I applied this morning and can report back on time it takes to join and get approved. My USAA loan is expiring and I'd like to see if I can get the better rate with the CU.