Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ran into the same situation. Just wanted to know if you know whether Armco accepts temp registration? Thanks!
Yeah, Armco didn't have a problem with it. My DMV made me still put Wells Fargo as the lienholder since they were listed on the title of origin from Tesla. I think WF will then transfer the lien over to Armco once they get it, but the temp plates didn't hold up anything with Armco.

Here's my timeline
2/23 - created loan application with Armco and uploaded all requested financial documents
3/1 - message that loan has been conditionally approved for the loan but that I will need to apply for CU membership.
3/2 - applied online for membership and selecting BC3 as affiliation
3/3 - received message that my membership to Armco had been approved and if I agreed to $19 fee to join association
3/6 - received message to call in and provide credit card 3-digit code to finalize CU membership.
3/6 - called in and right after hanging up immediately got message with my account number and membership finalized.
3/11 - uploaded MVPA and sent note to go ahead and wire to Tesla and add wiring fee to my loan

from then on there was no additional movement and ended up having to take delivery with tesla financing. Currently trying to figure out my tesla financing account # and how to even obtain the 10day payoff from Tesla financing so that I can proceed with refinancing with Armco. On the tesla loan agreement I don't actually see which financial institution my loan is with so just waiting for something to come in the mail..

I was in the exact situation as you. You get your 10 day payoff from one of the 5 banks that Tesla chooses. Try calling Tesla Finance Customer Service: (844) 837-5285 (Option 1) and see which bank you're financed with and ask them for the payoff letter.

Keep in mind when Armco gives you those loan documents to sign, make sure to let them know you ]used Tesla finance upon delivery and are refinancing before you sign those documents. Otherwise, and i learned this the hard way, Armco will send money as a purchase loan to Tesla.

Seems like they raised their rates by 0.25% recently. I could have swore that the 60 month auto loan was 3.49% last week or 2 weeks ago.
I think (but not sure) these rates might be inclusive of all discounts. I think they might be 25 bps higher than a month ago.
It could be that the discount is included, but I swear that the rate was showing 4.49% for 72 months when I applied and then I got the 3.99% with autopay. Maybe I am just remembering incorrectly. Would make more sense for the rates to have gone up vs. down.

I think (but not sure) these rates might be inclusive of all discounts. I think they might be 25 bps higher than a month ago.
On the website it looks like they only give 0.25% discount if you do autopay with them and not 0.50%. I have seen some other CUs have the same offer for autopay but it is always just 0.25% and not 0.50% which honestly would be a very generous for an autopay option.

Trying to find good rates as I await my trade offer and VIN, but reading last few posts here about ARMCO, I looked them up and their rates are 6.25% (36 months) to 7.25% (84 months). Not sure where these 3, 4 or even 5-something are coming from.