Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crickets - Do I escalate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A week ago my project status changed to permits obtained, so I left several messages with my assigned Project Advisor as to next steps. I logged into my account today and the status reverted back to Review and Accept Design. I attempted to call my Advisor today but no answer. How do I escalate this within Tesla? I am quite close to cancelling my project and paying the extra $3k to another provider.

A week ago my project status changed to permits obtained, so I left several messages with my assigned Project Advisor as to next steps. I logged into my account today and the status reverted back to Review and Accept Design. I attempted to call my Advisor today but no answer. How do I escalate this within Tesla? I am quite close to cancelling my project and paying the extra $3k to another provider.

(moderator note: moved this post into your existing thread about escalation, as its the same topic, even though you are in a different place in the process)

======================================

(regular content post / opininion)

Its pretty clear that tesla is not going to meet your communication desires / timelines, based on what you have posted. If the other supplier is going to meet your communication desires and is 3k difference, that is something you should consider.

EDIT: I am saying this, because Teslas communication will not be appreciably better than you are experiencing now, throughout the process, and its very clear that their communication is not working for you from the various posts you have made.

Last edited:
My advice would be to call, wait for the "I can't come to the phone but...", and then choose to talk to any other available advisor. I've never had my advisor answer the phone. I wanted a design change, so I did my own layout based on how they did theirs and sent it to my advisor. I got Tesla's layout on a Thursday, and the revised layout I'd done on Friday.

My advice would be to call, wait for the "I can't come to the phone but...", and then choose to talk to any other available advisor. I've never had my advisor answer the phone. I wanted a design change, so I did my own layout based on how they did theirs and sent it to my advisor. I got Tesla's layout on a Thursday, and the revised
My advice would be to call, wait for the "I can't come to the phone but...", and then choose to talk to any other available advisor. I've never had my advisor answer the phone. I wanted a design change, so I did my own layout based on how they did theirs and sent it to my advisor. I got Tesla's layout on a Thursday, and the revised layout I'd done on Friday.
I tried that but I get sent back into the main menu. Is there a trick to get to a live Advisor?

Last edited by a moderator:
My site inspection was last Tuesday, 2/23. The day before, I requested a design change to go to a larger system than 4 kwh. It's been silence from the Project Advisor after I requested the design change on 2/22. Should I escalate this delay? Or, is this even a delay? I get the daily SMS that I have pending items in my accounts which is due to me not accepting the 4 kwh design.
Contacting your PA is next to impossible so what I did when I called is just select the option to speak with any advisor. That did work as each time I did it and someone answered the darn phone. You might even get lucky and have your assigned advisor pick up. There is no one to escalate to at all! Keep this in mind before you pay them.