Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cross Country Road Trip...Must needed items to bring?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doing an ambitious NY to Seattle cross country drive with our 3 month old in a few weeks (and yes we have a contingency plan in case he can't handle the long drive).

We are definitely bringing a little 12v mini fridge we can plug in the back, and a portable battery bank with 120v output. Any other must needed items people have done similar trips that made the drive better?

I would not carry a CCS adaptor. Plenty of SC's along the way. I'm not in favour of the tire stuff either - takes up room and tire failure is rare. I like your battery bank plan. I take some cloths and a spray bottle of water and soap to clean the bugs off my white car's front. I haven't done the East West crossing of USA, but the North South route was a breeze.

Unless there is a specific leg that CCS or Chademo facilitates, I wouldn’t bother. I’ve driven Maine to Texas and Florida towing a trailer and never used my Chademo. Superchargers are frequent, more reliable, and faster. In 20,000 miles of long distance trip planning, I have only found one or two obscure places where a Chademo might have been useful. Often they are located very close SC anyway.

The most common problem with long trips is having too much stuff in the car. Pack light.