Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise control reacts when there is nothing there

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting to get my MY, but in test driving one this past weekend, I noticed that the cruise control twice slowed down when there was nothing there. I was in the passing lane and suddenly slowed by over 10 mph. I know this happens with all of these systems, but does it happen a lot with the Tesla system??

Still waiting to get my MY, but in test driving one this past weekend, I noticed that the cruise control twice slowed down when there was nothing there. I was in the passing lane and suddenly slowed by over 10 mph. I know this happens with all of these systems, but does it happen a lot with the Tesla system??
Search this board for “phantom braking” and spend the next week reading what are surely many hundreds of posts. My two Teslas both have FSD and there are two places on my commute where it happens every time. So far no one has come close to rear ending me. So far.

Search this board for “phantom braking” and spend the next week reading what are surely many hundreds of posts.
My two Teslas both have FSD and there are two places on my commute where it happens every time.
So far no one has come close to rear ending me. So far.
Did you make a bug report on those locations using the voice command?

See the following video: @16:35 "Bug Report"