Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crying over Spilled Milk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello
Recently discovered that a gallon of milk had been placed in the passenger-side trunk side well. Sadly discovered it after it sat back there for likely a week or two. The milk had soured, generating enough gas that the jug ruptured and leaked out most of a gallon of milk into the side well. After discovery, I quickly vacuumed, applied baking soda and attempted multple carpet cleaners, enzyme cleaners, etc. I’ve also steam cleaned it. The carpet at the bottom has come up revealing what appear to be drainage vents. I’ve put some enzymatic cleaner down these. The awful smell persists. Any other tricks - do I need to take the upholstry out, dissasemble the drainage wells? If so - any guidance on who even would do this - do i take it to tesla, or do i have a detailer take a crack at it?
Thanks!
-BBC

Ouch. I believe fire gets rid of that.

Alternatively keep pulling pieces off and out until back to bare metal and give that a scrub and a sniff after it warms up in the sun. If you can get the sun on it directly that'll help.

Hopefully you are then good to clean the soft parts with your cleaners and leave them in the sun. Sniff test by leaving them in the trunk in the sun. Rinse and repeat until sucessful or cure with fire and get new parts.

Reactions: zoomer0056