Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crystal-like spots under the surface of the paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - I recently took my car into service and while it was there, they did a "deluxe detail" that included (unnecessarily) a polish step and application of a polymer sealant. It looked fine when I picked it up, but after a recent wash (just a simple hand wash with water and soap), I noticed the spots shown in the attached pictures show up throughout the car. They're pretty much everywhere. They're kind of crystal-like and appear to be below the surface. Has anyone ever experienced this and / or has any idea what they are? FWIW, I had a ceramic pro coating applied to when I first took delivery (yeah, I know they never should have polished it or applied sealant, but that's a whole other issue...). Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2779-2.jpg
    IMG_2779-2.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2780-2.jpg
    IMG_2780-2.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 121
The amount of paint issues I have with the car is un-real.... bubbles on nearly every body panel, and some hair on the roof pillar IN THE PAINT... It's been at the service center for 5 weeks while it's being repainted. Fingers crossed... I've never experienced this with any car I've ever owned.