Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CT plates/registration from Tesla-Mt Kisco

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow EV fans. As a CT resident, I bought a new MYLR, picking it up from Mt Kisco on September 9th. As a CT resident, only Mt Kisco was an authorized 'dealer' to handle CT registrations, simplifying life by not requiring me to go to DMV for the transaction. They give you a 30 day NY state temp plate to drive on in the mean time. But now my anxiety is starting to build.

My 30 day temp expires in less than a week, and I haven't received my permanent CT plates yet. A call to CT DMV yesterday doesn't show my VIN as being registered yet. Trying to reach someone at Mt Kisco to inquire is impossible, as I was led into a national call center when calling their local number. Why wouldn't you (Tesla) have registered my car yet, after 3 weeks? Has anyone else had this drama and anxiety and how soon did you receive your CT plates? Thanks in advance.

Same thing happened to me in 2014 when I bought my P85+ from Mt. Kisco. My temp tag expired (although back then it was from NJ!). Before it expired, they sent me a replacement. They might just send it to you automatically? I'd just keep trying to call. Maybe try the service email? The Milford service email is: [email protected] so Mt Kisco is likely [email protected].

Also, for future reference, even though it means waiting in line, I prefer to do all the DMV stuff myself. That way I know there won't be any stupid clerical errors delaying title/registration.