Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cup holder stabilizer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: wlrd08
I have the Evannex one and am very happy with it. It seems to be just large enough to help add some stability to the cups. I don't tend to go for the supersized fast food drinks, but it'll hold a venti Starbucks fairly well (though I don't drive like a crazy person when it's in there) and 16 ounce cups really well. What I liked most was it was one piece and could be removed easy for when you get crumbs and sticky crap in there, which will happen, 100% of the time, no matter how hard you try to avoid it. Just pull it out, wash it with some warm water, and toss it back in once dry.

I used this one from Abstract ocean as they have made different material options. I had covered my center console with matte black so I wanted a stabilizer that is in that color as well. It works really well. When I have bottles or cups that aren't exactly that size, it doesn't move at all. Without it, driinks moves quite a bit. Model 3 & Y Cupholder Stabilizer
I'm very happy with the one from AO as well. Water bottles and my coffee travel mug sit nice and steady now. My coffee mug is the old contigo West loop 1.1 with the tapered bottom though. I suspect the newer squarer bottom ones would not go in as smoothly.

Last edited:
Thanks, for this. Does the holder sit flush with the top of the cup holder or does it extend above it (like the cup holder jeffbco posted)?

It’s absolutely flush, and it fits perfectly. It really looks OEM (like the one in the rear cup holder).

The only “con” is that removing a tight fitting cup will lift the holder out a bit. I’ve found the solution is to twist the cup slightly as I’m taking it out. But I’ll take that for the way it holds on to cups. They don’t move while you’re driving.

Reactions: Koolio46
I used this one from Abstract ocean as they have made different material options. I had covered my center console with matte black so I wanted a stabilizer that is in that color as well. It works really well. When I have bottles or cups that aren't exactly that size, it doesn't move at all. Without it, driinks moves quite a bit. Model 3 & Y Cupholder Stabilizer
Nice, this may be the one for me. Thanks.

Here’s a shot of the Likely LED rubber holder (I had just installed the RPM Tesla open-pore wood kit). As you can see, it looks likes it’s made for the car. I like that the middle is still open (I prefer to put my iPhone 11 Pro Max in the unused cup holder and it fits with the middle open)

37F9BA40-575D-409A-A874-B7531088B9EA.jpeg

Here’s a shot of the Likely LED rubber holder (I had just installed the RPM Tesla open-pore wood kit). As you can see, it looks likes it’s made for the car. I like that the middle is still open (I prefer to put my iPhone 11 Pro Max in the unused cup holder and it fits with the middle open)

View attachment 589914
Thanks for the pic...that looks great. Hmm, now I have to decide between this and the AO one...

Another alternative - expensive tho. I had it left over from my Cayenne. Nice solid fit
Cup Holder Adapter - Large
That looks good, I found this on Amazon today for a bit less, we’ll see how the quality goes and if not so good I will shoot for your option. My wife likes venti teas from Starbucks and the standard ones are not deep enough to keep it stable. I bought a rubber insert too. We shall see...
YEE PIN Car Cup Holder Expander Adapter for 2018 2019 2020 Tesl... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087X657S9/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_Z3VNFbQ8FCYQ1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I'm very happy with the one from AO as well. Water bottles and my coffee travel mug sit nice and steady now. My coffee mug is the old contigo West loop 1.1 with the tapered bottom though. I suspect the newer squarer bottom ones would not go in as smoothly.
I have the AO one as well, wrapped to match the rest of the center console. Works great for drinks, makes the cup holder too small for a phone, but I put mine on the charge mat anyway.