Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coffee travel mug recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a minor issue, I understand, but I have a 50-min morning commute and need my coffee to start the day.

I've been using a Contigo Wet Loop 20oz mug for years, my favorite. Unfortunately, at a little more than 3-in at the bottom, it's too wide to fit the cup holder in my 2023 MYLR. I also have a Topfit cup holder insert so that reduces the diameter of the cup hole a little bit.

Anyone have a recommendation for spill/leak-proof travel mug that holds at least 20oz and will fit in the front cup holder?

This is a minor issue, I understand, but I have a 50-min morning commute and need my coffee to start the day.

I've been using a Contigo Wet Loop 20oz mug for years, my favorite. Unfortunately, at a little more than 3-in at the bottom, it's too wide to fit the cup holder in my 2023 MYLR. I also have a Topfit cup holder insert so that reduces the diameter of the cup hole a little bit.

Anyone have a recommendation for spill/leak-proof travel mug that holds at least 20oz and will fit in the front cup holder?

I just purchased one of these and it fits fine. I also have one of the rubberized inserts that fits in the cupholder which actually makes the cupholder fit a little tighter but it still fits fine.

Reactions: fsb1
Upvote 0
I'll second the vote for the Yeti 20oz. Rambler. Fits the cup holder perfectly and the magnetic sliding lid is slick. Heck even the 30oz. yet cup with the tapered bottom works well in my MYP.

1694099283956.png

Reactions: Thp3 and jjrandorin
Upvote 0
I'll second the vote for the Yeti 20oz. Rambler. Fits the cup holder perfectly and the magnetic sliding lid is slick. Heck even the 30oz. yet cup with the tapered bottom works well in my MYP.

View attachment 971683

I use this exact mug (I have multiples of this exact brand and one of them is this specific color, lol). OP my morning commute when I drive into the office is roughly an hour, so similar time in the car driving, and similar need for coffee. I have been using them since I got my model 3 in 2018, and when I take my wifes 2022 model Y into work instead of my 2018 Model 3, the fit is the same.

Yeti cups are expensive, but I happen to love they are able to be put in the dishwasher, along with the lids, which tend to be hard to clean otherwise on these type of mugs.

Reactions: fsb1
Upvote 0
I use this exact mug (I have multiples of this exact brand and one of them is this specific color, lol). OP my morning commute when I drive into the office is roughly an hour, so similar time in the car driving, and similar need for coffee. I have been using them since I got my model 3 in 2018, and when I take my wifes 2022 model Y into work instead of my 2018 Model 3, the fit is the same.

Yeti cups are expensive, but I happen to love they are able to be put in the dishwasher, along with the lids, which tend to be hard to clean otherwise on these type of mugs.
I agree that the Yeti's are pricey, but they're worth it. I've got a few that are nearly 10 years old and still working great. As an added bonus, my company orders Yeti cups for customer promo giveaways, so I have access to a personal "stash" as needed.

Upvote 0