Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coffee travel mug recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a minor issue, I understand, but I have a 50-min morning commute and need my coffee to start the day.

I've been using a Contigo Wet Loop 20oz mug for years, my favorite. Unfortunately, at a little more than 3-in at the bottom, it's too wide to fit the cup holder in my 2023 MYLR. I also have a Topfit cup holder insert so that reduces the diameter of the cup hole a little bit.

Anyone have a recommendation for spill/leak-proof travel mug that holds at least 20oz and will fit in the front cup holder?

I use the Ember Travel mug 2, fits in the cup holders great & always a hot cup!

Thanks but $160 for a coffee mug is a bit too rich for my blood.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0
Is the Tesla tumbler any good? I like the one click to open (great for when driving. The yeti really needs two hands or one very strong hand to open it!) Saw a review on YouTube and in the comments it's suggested it's not easy to clean
Easy push down on top to open or close, sip from any location on the rim, fits perfect in Feb 2022 MSLR. It's good.

Upvote 0
It looks like the Contigo West Loop 1.0 tumblers are showing up for sale again. The 2.0 have wider bottom (the added metal cap on the bottom makes it easy to distinguish the 1.0 and 2.0). These mugs hold temp very well, the lid valve pops open for easy thorough dishwasher cleaning, your grip naturally opens the valve, they are perfectly leak proof, and glide (1.0 version) into my MY cup holder.

Note that the original 1.0 version from a decade ago didn't have the valve completely pop open for cleaning, that came with the 2.0 and the recently released tumblers with the 1.0 tapered bottom. You can tell if the lid is a newer one by the lock rocker switch on the top. The older harder-to-clean lids don't have the switch.

I use the silver (unpainted stainless steel) so I can just toss it in my dishwasher.

The price seems to jump between $20 and $40. Amazon.com

Last edited:
Reactions: fsb1
Upvote 0
Thanks,
It looks like the Contigo West Loop 1.0 tumblers are showing up for sale again. The 2.0 have wider bottom (the added metal cap on the bottom makes it easy to distinguish the 1.0 and 2.0). These mugs hold temp very well, the lid valve pops open for easy thorough dishwasher cleaning, your grip naturally opens the valve, they are perfectly leak proof, and glide (1.0 version) into my MY cup holder.

Note that the original 1.0 version from a decade ago didn't have the valve completely pop open for cleaning, that came with the 2.0 and the recently released tumblers with the 1.0 tapered bottom. You can tell if the lid is a newer one by the lock rocker switch on the top. The older harder-to-clean lids don't have the switch.

I use the silver (unpainted stainless steel) so I can just toss it in my dishwasher.

The price seems to jump between $20 and $40. Amazon.com
Thanks, that's the 16oz mug and I already have it. I currently use the 20oz mug but it's too big at the bottom. I love the Contigo mugs and have been using them for ~10 yrs.

Upvote 0
I find the paper cup they give you at Starbucks works just fine.
Normally I would agree but after getting a coffee where the lid didn't fit very well I found myself wearing a nice big splash of milky coffee down my crisp white shirt.

Plus. Sometimes I make a coffee to have later in trip where nice coffee shops are few and far between.

Not to mention the waste.

But each to their own!!

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0