Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CUP HOLDER???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone: I just bought a new M3, and a coffee from whatever company in their normal to-go cup spills all the time if somewhat full. Any accessories out there? Can't believe the cup holders don't have adjusters in them. Please help. Thanks. -David

Hello Everyone: I just bought a new M3, and a coffee from whatever company in their normal to-go cup spills all the time if somewhat full. Any accessories out there? Can't believe the cup holders don't have adjusters in them. Please help. Thanks. -David
Haha I feel you, first thing the wife and I did after pickup was get coffee and now I have a nice stain on the side of my seat by the console from the cup shaking everywhere....

• Funny
Reactions: Dre78
Obviously if you buy a coffee on the road on a whim, this won't help, but otherwise: just buy a Contigo AutoSeal coffee mug. Impossible to spill and keeps your beverage hot for hours. Might even be worth keeping a clean, empty one in the car for when you do buy impromptu road coffees.

Reactions: DR61 and Dana1
Here's a couple photos of the cup inserts I bought from @chojn1 's son. Bought 2 different sizes and they work perfectly keeping cups firmly in place. From above comments sounds like it was a good idea I ordered mine in advance of getting my car. Love my morning coffee! I usually order a Tall at Starbucks and my husband like's his as a short, which fits the smaller insert perfectly (I use the larger ring insert with my Tall coffee with the cardboard sleeve on BTW).

IMG_9371.JPG IMG_9424.JPG IMG_9316.JPG IMG_9235.JPG

The inserts (basically rings) go in and out easily for cleaning and can be stored in the console or fit in the side panel water bottle area. Also pictured BTW is the waste bin and 3/4 sunglass tray. Here's the link to his thread about the kids' 3D printer projects: My center console Not sure what their timeframe is for delivery.

Last edited:
Here's a couple photos of the cup inserts I bought from @chojn1 's son. Bought 2 different sizes and they work perfectly keeping cups firmly in place. From above comments sounds like it was a good idea I ordered mine in advance of getting my car. Love my morning coffee! I usually order a Tall at Starbucks and my husband like's his as a short, which fits the smaller insert perfectly (I use the larger ring insert with my Tall coffee with the cardboard sleeve on BTW).

View attachment 361736 View attachment 361737 View attachment 361739 View attachment 361741

The inserts (basically rings) go in and out easily for cleaning and can be stored in the console or fit in the side panel water bottle area. Also pictured BTW is the waste bin and 3/4 sunglass tray. Here's the link to his thread about the kids' 3D printer projects: My center console Not sure what their timeframe is for delivery.
Looks like you're prepared for the next wildfire with your N95s in the console.

• Funny
Reactions: SMAlset
Obviously if you buy a coffee on the road on a whim, this won't help, but otherwise: just buy a Contigo AutoSeal coffee mug. Impossible to spill and keeps your beverage hot for hours. Might even be worth keeping a clean, empty one in the car for when you do buy impromptu road coffees.

which size contigo?

16 oz

or

20 oz

fit in model 3 cup holders?
is it a secure fit, i.e. doesn’t
wander out of holder under
spirited driving?

which size contigo?

16 oz

or

20 oz

fit in model 3 cup holders?
is it a secure fit, i.e. doesn’t
wander out of holder under
spirited driving?
I would think that either would fit. Mine are technically 16 oz, though I find that certain variants (we buy several new ones every fall when Costco has them for 2-for-$20) hold a bit more than that. They don't sit perfectly snug in the Model 3 cupholders, but they don't rattle around either, even on rough pavement at 70 mph, and shouldn't come out of the cupholder in any type of driving,

Just make sure you get the AutoSeal variety. They're both leak- and drip-proof (no more coffee dribbling down the front of your shirt from lousy Starbucks plastic lids) and keep your coffee hot for hours. They're also dishwasher-safe - the silver ones completely so, while the colored ones do fine in the dishwasher but the colored finish will eventually start to chip away a bit, which in no way impacts the usability of the mugs. Beats washing them by hand, in my book.