Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cupholder doubler inserts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Daniellane

The Tesla Guy
Supporting Member
I found these on a Norwegian site.(bilkomponenter.no)
Couldn’t find an English translation. But I would love to add these to my Model S. Anybody know if there is a source in the US? I posted a question regarding shipping to the USA in English on the site using the help button. Waiting for a response.
Here is the link to the product on the website:
Koppholder Tesla - dobbel

CAA9BEE4-F03C-46FF-94F2-25A1929A0F8E.png
1AE71F0C-4382-460B-AA45-25844582BDED.png

After spending all the time using a translation app on my iPhone I have some more information. I attempted to place an order but got to the point where I was informed that they only ship to Norway Finland and Sweden. Also was able to determine that it was available in black red and silver.
Translation of description…

Cup holders Tesla - 4 holders - straight from the printer
Art.nr: kopp_4_raw_sølv

Tired of cans and bottles flying in all directions when you have them in the center console of Tesla? Here is our solution to the problem! Cup holders straight from the printer give a cheaper price! They are completely untreated, only glued together before they end up in your mailbox. Available in red and black. 4 cup holders, so you are sure that you have room for both redbull, soft drinks, water and a coffee on long journeys. The Statoil cup can also be used in these holders. NB! Some delivery time may occur in case of high demand

Thank You,
Now, how do I find someone to make me a set?

Here’s somewhere to start.

Best 3D Printing Services for Your Thingiverse Things | All3DP

Or you can by a printer and some material yourself for a few hundred and start printing all kinds of neat, useful or just fun items. Browse ThingVerse for say Tesla and see just a sample.

The print to home services do offer a higher quality print over what you can get at home.

I think Amazon had, maybe still does, have a printing site. Heck even some UPS and FedEx stores can do it for you.

• Helpful
Reactions: All In

Or you can by a printer and some material yourself for a few hundred and start printing all kinds of neat, useful or just fun items. Browse ThingVerse for say Tesla and see just a sample.

The print to home services do offer a higher quality print over what you can get at home.

I think Amazon had, maybe still does, have a printing site. Heck even some UPS and FedEx stores can do it for you.
Check your local library.

Thanks for the info. I did order a set to be printed and shipped to me and it’s on its way.
Should be interesting - one difference between the model that was on thingverse is that it did not have one flattened side. I assume this would be necessary in order to have two sets actually fit. That’s why I only ordered a single set to start. Hopefully it will work alongside the original single cupholder in order to allow one large and two smaller cups. Which would be an improvement. I’ll report back here when I get it and have a chance to play with it

Thanks for the suggestions.
I was able to get a close facsimile of this item 3D printed.
Here’s a video I posted:

Tesla Model S/X Cup Holder Doubler!
In the configuration where you have the larger OEM panels right next to each other and then the double 3D printed one also right next to each other (not one extra space apart like you do later in the video) it looks like two Monster or Rock Star size cans will fit but you say that 12oz cans won't fit them? I believe that these typical energy drink cans are the same diameter as the shorter 12oz cans so I'm not sure this would work for our needs. I regularly will have a zero calorie energy drink (and my wife will if she's with me) and then I carry one of those typical 30oz tumblers filled with ice water with me everywhere I go. I envision a scenario where I can get that larger tumbler as well as two typical energy drink cans (not the skinny 8.8oz RedBull cans) in as well. That would be perfect for us to free up our arm rests and have all of our drinks stowed safely when we travel.

In the configuration where you have the larger OEM panels right next to each other and then the double 3D printed one also right next to each other (not one extra space apart like you do later in the video) it looks like two Monster or Rock Star size cans will fit but you say that 12oz cans won't fit them? I believe that these typical energy drink cans are the same diameter as the shorter 12oz cans so I'm not sure this would work for our needs. I regularly will have a zero calorie energy drink (and my wife will if she's with me) and then I carry one of those typical 30oz tumblers filled with ice water with me everywhere I go. I envision a scenario where I can get that larger tumbler as well as two typical energy drink cans (not the skinny 8.8oz RedBull cans) in as well. That would be perfect for us to free up our arm rests and have all of our drinks stowed safely when we travel.
The cans I was showing are also actually 12 ounce cans but they are the taller narrower ones. I don’t really use energy drinks, so I’m not familiar with them. When referring to 12 ounce cans not sitting side-by-side I was speaking to standard soda cans. The photos below show the two types of cans fitting side-by-side in the double cupholder in both positions.
I have also included photos to allow you to compare the different sizes as well as ones with a caliper showing the actual sizes in millimeters. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.
C1FE35F0-1635-4133-B738-380691332871.jpeg
0DCDAA15-B556-4D19-A2B8-66C70754DABA.jpeg
965719E1-E5D0-4DC8-A7A2-0BB50E2626A6.jpeg
3ADF9F46-3E7E-4208-8C51-413910C3EE4E.jpeg
A22CCEBC-9248-4E10-A99D-9403FC91592D.jpeg
1CF9BF87-6804-4DB5-844C-A45358B80899.jpeg
DCFDABEE-9F3D-4F1B-BBB1-872FF6E280F6.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: All In
The cans I was showing are also actually 12 ounce cans but they are the taller narrower ones. I don’t really use energy drinks, so I’m not familiar with them. When referring to 12 ounce cans not sitting side-by-side I was speaking to standard soda cans. The photos below show the two types of cans fitting side-by-side in the double cupholder in both positions.
I have also included photos to allow you to compare the different sizes as well as ones with a caliper showing the actual sizes in millimeters. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.
View attachment 605013

I just checked and a "typical" energy drink that isn't the tall skinny ones (ala Redbull) is this diameter right here. Height is irrelevant for this topic so it's good to know now that this can you used is the same as the ones I'm considering. It seems as though this isn't the exact solution I'm searching for but given the limitations of the internal width of the console it may not be possible. Is there a way to leave the OEM spacers where they are and sort of us just one of the double can holders to fit two of those 12oz cans sort of up against the single spacer... if that makes sense. There's a lot of play forward and backward with the two halves of the double can holders but sometimes you can use the outside of the OEM ones to hold various things at different spaced distances. Not sure if that makes sense.